Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll idea

Options
  • 15-03-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Would it possible to have a poll for what box people are going to tick for religion in the census? I know we have a religion forum but it doesn't get much foot fall.

Also what would be really interesting would be to get a guage of the amount of non practising Catholics that are still going to tick the Catholic box?

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Start one yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Tallon wrote: »
    Start one yourself? :)
    Yeah and it would just be moved to the religion forum.

We need it somewhere that gets more footfall and it needs mod support.

Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OK, I'll start - I'm a lapsed Catholic(and won't be going back) so I'm ticking the "no religion" box as I don't practice "any" religion

This "no religion" box is stuck down the very end and one has to be careful to find it as there is a box of columns above it which makes it look like thats the last answer but then there is also the "no religion" box.

I'd support the introduction of a poll here.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah long as you don't mind the possibilities of:

a) it falling from the first page of threads
    b) people not taking it seriously
    c) the results being very non representative of the national status
    d) posting jedi as a poll option

then after hours seems like a good fit for this. I've seen polls on loads of things there, even some similar ones to this, so can't see it being an issue if you don't get precious once the thread gets derailed after 5 replies or so. It'll get footfall anyhow in there.

Advertisement