Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in South America

• 15-03-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

any hot spots, must sees or hidden gems you would like to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Paolo1982

get a lonely planet first maybe!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

all of Argentina especially Iguazu falls, Buenos Aires and patagonia, Colonia del sacramento in Uruguary, Torres del Paine in Chile, the Pantanal in Brazil.

didnt do much no the northern countries (too much fun in Argentina) but i'd love to go to Venezuela and trek to the lost city in Colombia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CatStar

http://intiwarayassi.org/articles/volunteer_animal_refuge/home.html

Depends on how long you´re going for but I vounteered here for three months, initially had only planned on staying for two weeks but loved it so much I drastically changed my travels plans! It´s a great organisation that rescue wild animals that have been kept as pets or used to work in some way and tries to rehabilitate them back into the wild; animals like monkeys, pumas, jaguars, ocelots and loads more...
    There is a core staff there but the place would not survive without the back-packers that pass through there to volunteer for a minimum of two weeks. It´s a great place to meet other backpackers to travel on with as well.

Bolivia in general is a must-see, a country of amazing beauty both with its varied landscapes and fabulous people, who are a bit wary of you at first but once you make an effort with them they are very friendly.

have a good trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

i'd second Argentina, fantastic country with lots to do and see, nice people and lovely steak / wine. The falls are incredible

Also San Pedro in northern Chile is worth a visit and then head into Bolivia to see the Salt Lakes, amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Rio de Janeiro
    Ilha Grande
    Paraty/ Trindade
    Iguassu Falls
    Colonia
    Buenos Aires
    Perito Moreno Glacier
    Puerto Madryn (penguins and whales)
    Bariloche
    Mendoza
    Valparaiso