Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet sun protection

Options
  • 15-03-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know where I can get sun protection for my dog? Websites or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Moved to Animals & Pet Issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I use kids sunblock, not sun lotion but the complete sun block usually one for sensative skin. Works grand on their wee noses especially during the summer. The thicker sun block isn't as easy to lick off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Yeah I have always used normal human suncream on my animals. Cats ears, horses nose, etc.

As the above poster says, a high factor is good as it is thick and doesn't come off easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have a white kids' zinc stick I use on my dog's nose where he's very pink through his white fur. There's a cream called Filta-Bac which is an antiseptic, anti-bacterial sunproof cream for animals, very useful if you have dogs who get flyblown ears in the summer.

Advertisement