Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homework?

• 15-03-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Is it just me or are teachers piling on the work? I thought they were suppose to start giving less comming up to the exams but not only are they giving more but their expecting us to go over stuff aswell :eek: There isnt enough hours in a day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 irelandfan

Tbh honest I feel were not getting that much hm anymore as nearly all the courses are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

quite the opposite for me :( theyre giving us more now than they ever did and it a pain because they then tell us to revise? How does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They give more because idiots will do nothing if they have no homework. Do what you want, study what you feel you need to study. Dont waste your time doing stuff you know well again. Prioritize.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

I get barely any homework, apart from about 2 essays and a comprehension every week since September by slavedriver English teacher. I swear at this stage I'll actually get sick if I have to look at one more bloody comprehension. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Violafy wrote: »
    I swear at this stage I'll actually get sick if I have to look at one more bloody comprehension. :mad:

Let's hope you don't get sick in the middle of the first exam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Yeah it's quite annoying. The best strategy is to just do what's relevant, what's important for you. In English for instance, we're getting poet essay's every few weeks -We're given a few days to get them ready so the best thing really is to put a lot of effort into them and keep it as your sample revision answer. Then on the other hand in Maths (my only pass subject), the teacher is giving is past exam questions every night. I totally get what she's trying to do, and she is a good teacher, but at the same time if she thinks I'll be spending an hour a night on a subject I'm not even going to count, she's sadly mistaken. Basically you just have to prioritise!

Advertisement