Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher pressure problem

• 15-03-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a Karcher K2.900M pressure washer (less than 2 yrs old/occasional use) with a problem, basically I've got no pressure. The water is flowing through, just as it does when the m/c is turned off, the motor runs no problem, but when I leave go the trigger on the gun the motor continues to run and run but won't get up to pressure. The manual says to leave the m/c running for 2 mins with the gun dis-connected to expel bubbles :confused:, did this but to no avail. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If you left it in the garden shed over the severest winter in 30 years then there's a good chance the water inside the pump could have froze and busted the pump. The fact that water is flowing freely while the motor is off suggests the inlet filter is not clogged (but check it anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Not left in an out-house... stored in a garage (that's part of the house) besides, I've been using it on and off for the last few weeks, was in the middle of using it when it packed in. Also checked the inlet filter and rinsed it so to rule that out.

Anyone cast any light on this.... my car is filthy:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The rings tend to fail on them.

Try Kelly's in donegal and see if they can help

A bit out of my way... I'm in Waterford :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement