Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC -- WATCH OUT

Options
  • 15-03-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

UPC have increased there Prices since Jan 4th 2011 ; I just received a Text now to the effect on 15/March 2011!!! and an Email on the 18th of February 2011.

In accordance with Law they need to give you a months notice prior to any price changes, Customer Service claimed they had the notice in the news parpers in December and it is my fault I did not read/see it in the newspaper!!

Plus on top of it, the Price change Notice on the Website is irrelavant to the current packages !! they only support 10mb,20,30 and 100mb packages

The price notice only covers 1mb/5mb and 15mb

https://www.upc.ie/about_us/pricenotice/

I just logged a complaint,

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

I had hte same issue with eircom a few months back. Heard nothing back other than we are dealing with your request. Then I ended up with 2 bill from Eircom and vodafone cos I changed on the basis they breached contract. Hmmm didnt quite go my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭clodola

I told customer service at UPC to downgrade me to 10mb. I will get a refund of the price difference for Jan , feb, March. then end of march I will get them to upgrade me back to 20mb ha ha

It has jumped from 39.75 to 41.75 but its not the 2 euro increase it how the *******s did it; by law they have to give there customers 4 weeks notice before the price change is implemented.

An ad in the local rag is not notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

clodola wrote: »
    I told customer service at UPC to downgrade me to 10mb. I will get a refund of the price difference for Jan , feb, March. then end of march I will get them to upgrade me back to 20mb ha ha

It has jumped from 39.75 to 41.75 but its not the 2 euro increase it how the *******s did it; by law they have to give there customers 4 weeks notice before the price change is implemented.

I agree with you that an ad in the papers is not sufficient.

Be careful downgrading - as far as I know, UPC have it in their T&Cs that they can charge you a fee (it used to be 10Euro) to downgrade you.

There was another thread back in Jan about the 2 Euro increase, and someone posted that the regulator judged at the time that it was ok for UPC to advertise the increase in newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

clodola wrote: »

Have a look at the thread in the Cable & MMDS & IPTV section. Loads of info there of people's experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Is there a clause in every UPC contract stating that they are entitled to increase prices as long as notice is given?

• Advertisement
Advertisement