Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Outage in Knocknacarra

Options
  • 15-03-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭

Water is out in the Clybaun Road area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

It's probably related to this burst on the Bishop O'Donnell Road:
    http://galwaycity.ie
    Public Announcement - Water

Galway City Council Water Services Section wish to advise the public that they will experience water outage in the Rahoon Area and low pressures in surrounding areas as a result of a burst watermain at Deane Roundabout off the Bishop O Donnell Road.

Galway City Council Crews are working on the problem and hope to have water supply restored as soon as possible.

Galway City Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

burst pipes on the road works in westside ..... there a new water lane not bus lane , could be out until 8 pm
    no water in Rathoon , Knocknacarra, Salthill , on the GCC phone system early on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Am on the Lower Clybaun Road and have water :o

Hope it comes back for you soon!

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A torrent on the road earlier, up to Deane roundabout. Horrible for pedestrians, no where to walk, either climb over fences on the right (which I did) or get baptised in muddy waves on the left, which I saw happen to an old guy. Water low or gone in loads of estates and houses from Taylors Hill to Westside. Look like a digger split a pipe when they were building the 'new road'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

First the electricity, now this.

I think Knocknacarra should vote for independence from Rahoon. War if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Dunjohn wrote: »
    First the electricity, now this.

I think Knocknacarra should vote for independence from Rahoon. War if necessary.

It was the Knocnacarra 'side' that they bust the offending pipe!

Hmm...Maybe you have a point! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Is the water sorted today? Heading back West later but might postpone until tomorrow if there'll be no water :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

Water back on clybaun road from 11 last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Yeah, water's fine here now (central Knocknacara).

Advertisement