Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical - Definitive Answer

• 15-03-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I just need to know, once and for all, do i or don't i need to have a legitimate copy of the sheet music in the music practical exam?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭WeightierDisc

Gwan and wing it.......

In the words of Mozart ''its only the feckin leavin cert''

In 2009 I did my practical, only had sheet music I had written myself.

I was playing drums, so it's not like I was scrawling down Tchaikovsky or anything, it was all stuff I had put together anyway, played along to popular songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭re.mark.able

In 2009 I did my practical, only had sheet music I had written myself.

I was playing drums, so it's not like I was scrawling down Tchaikovsky or anything, it was all stuff I had put together anyway, played along to popular songs.

Yeah, i knew drums was different. a friend of mine is doing drums and is quite confused too. Did you write down the notation of everything you were playing or just the phrasing or what? and what kinda grade did you get in music?

Yeah I wrote out what I planned to play, but in the way drums would normally be written, so repeat marks etc. instead of exact notation. In terms of another instrument I would say it's the equivalent of having it written note for note. I supplied the lyrics along with chords for the singers/other instruments. I got an A2, but I was usually a B in written components in class so I assume I did very well in the practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Do we need to supply the examiner with sheet music of what we're playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭re.mark.able

Yeah I wrote out what I planned to play, but in the way drums would normally be written, so repeat marks etc. instead of exact notation. In terms of another instrument I would say it's the equivalent of having it written note for note. I supplied the lyrics along with chords for the singers/other instruments. I got an A2, but I was usually a B in written components in class so I assume I did very well in the practical.

Awesome, sounds perfect, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

You don't need to supply sheet music anymore, I'm 100% sure about this, I'm a music teacher ;)

Advertisement