Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap and handy target!

Options
  • 15-03-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Putting this up here incase anybody is looking for a way to make up a cheap and reusable target for sighting in guns or shooting some groups!

Reason I made this was because time and time again I spent ages looking for piece of ply or similar to put a target on when I wanted to sight in a gun, then would forget to put it into the shed and it would get wrecked in the rain!:(

Have this a few months now and its very handy! I used a frame from an old clothes horse for the frame of the target...the fold out section is ideal as it leaves to pieces sticking down to act as legs! Then I got some hardboard I had laying around and cut it to size. I used some cable ties to hold it in place then. It is easy to replace this wood then when it has been shot out!

The target is then an ideal size to stick an A3 sheet onto or whatever targets you wish! Its very light to carry and doesnt need any support as the two legs can be easily stuck into the ground! Hope this comes in useful to some!

The target shown was with the brothers Norinco .22 at 80 yards with federal bulk ammo! Nothing worth talking about! :P

001lm.jpg

002bwgt.jpg

003wiy.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

what i use is a old road sign http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-5538208/stock-photo-red-ramp-sign-on-the-roadside.html push out the metal "sign" part of it and replace it with a piece of an old election sign cut to size, this is very easy to steeple pages to,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

patsat wrote: »
    Putting this up here incase anybody is looking for a way to make up a cheap and reusable target for sighting in guns or shooting some groups!

Reason I made this was because time and time again I spent ages looking for piece of ply or similar to put a target on when I wanted to sight in a gun, then would forget to put it into the shed and it would get wrecked in the rain!:(

Have this a few months now and its very handy! I used a frame from an old clothes horse for the frame of the target...the fold out section is ideal as it leaves to pieces sticking down to act as legs! Then I got some hardboard I had laying around and cut it to size. I used some cable ties to hold it in place then. It is easy to replace this wood then when it has been shot out!

The target is then an ideal size to stick an A3 sheet onto or whatever targets you wish! Its very light to carry and doesnt need any support as the two legs can be easily stuck into the ground! Hope this comes in useful to some!

The target shown was with the brothers Norinco .22 at 80 yards with federal bulk ammo! Nothing worth talking about! :P

001lm.jpg

002bwgt.jpg

003wiy.jpg

Good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

I grabbed a hold of a load of those smaller diamond / square election posters- some even have the option of whiter than white teeth to aim at. bit of 3x2 round the edges and away you go.

Advertisement