Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

19.2 Eurosport HD FTA -

• 15-03-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of putting up a second dish out my back garden for receiving 19.2 - im aware i could use the same dish as my 28.2, but due to my houses angle, its not possible -

I reckon a 60mm dish should be ok, but as im new to multi dish, and or sat i would like some advice -

i have a spare HD DVB-S2 receiver, which i intend to use as a separate STB, instead of DISEQ switch - are their any other issues or equipment i need to consider -

again i reckon i have enough knowledge to get the show on the road but i need to be sure to be sure!

http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html

Lyngsat seems to be stating that several decent HD stations are available from this position - including EUROSPORT HD

Are these temporarily FTA

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

60mm a bit small

If in Waterford to Wexford, a 65cm (=650mm) might do.

Further North or West needs 75cm to 80cm for decent rain margin,

Eurosport in German is FTA.

Eurosport HD (German) does not seem to be FTA. It might be Astra HD+ though not listed here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD%2B

I do get all the free channels on 19E and 13E, and some are HD, But I didn't get Eurosport in HD last time I looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You will get Eurosport in German FTA. There is no English soundtrack on this. Unfortunately Eurosport HD is encrypted everywhere. What's FTA atm wont last for too long I wouldn't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭liamtech

According to Lyngsat , Eurosport HD is currently FTA - Is this temporary -

lyngsat.jpg

Although i have been thinking about 19.2 as an additional source of channels, the presence of eurosport hd is what did it for me... so if its only temporary i might reconsider the endeavor...

The presence of a FTA HD Sports channel would be the cherry on top for any free to air setup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I just checked and I could not get Eurosport HD FTA on 19E.
    It shows up twice on search as part of the Canal+ subscription package and a second time as just scrambled.
    However as Minstrel27 said you can get Eurosport in German FTA.
    Sport 1 is also FTA shows some good sport I watched Birmingham V Bolton (Pay per view on 28E) in the FA Cup on Saturday and I used BBC 5 Live radio coverage.
    Couple of good FTA HD channels in French or German.
    Some good music channels most songs hits in English.
    I'm new to 19E and hoping to get some Boxing FTA in the future.

According to king of sat, lyngsat, and digital spy it is free to air

• Advertisement

several other HD channels are FTA too aparently

I will try again with the Tp Number this time, It would be great to get it, will be an hour our so before I can check as TV is booked at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

A few Spanish HD channels are currently FTA, fingers crossed it lasts. Eurosport HD is one of them, and there is an English feed. The other channels have an original language feed, and most of the programs/movies are from the US, so that is in effect an English feed too.

Johnmb wrote: »
    A few Spanish HD channels are currently FTA, fingers crossed it lasts. Eurosport HD is one of them, and there is an English feed. The other channels have an original language feed, and most of the programs/movies are from the US, so that is in effect an English feed too.

This is great news I hope it lasts

If we can confirm that its permanent, im considering putting a dish up this week end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

liamtech wrote: »
    If we can confirm that its permanent, im considering putting a dish up this week end
    The Lyngsat TP details you posted earlier are certainly FTA in glorious HD (and in English) at the moment:D. These things never last, though, so I wouldn't rush to put up a dish especially for this unless you get independent confirmation;)

Yes, Great channels in English, not to easy to tune in as you have to do it manual not tuning on auto scan

Fox HD in English showing Bones
    Eurosport HD in English showing FIA WTCC
    Canal+HD Accion in English showing Fringe
    Cosmo HD in English showing Ray

Have a feeling its a test (I hope for FTA in future)

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Yes, Great channels in English, not to easy to tune in as you have to do it manual not tuning on auto scan

Fox HD in English showing Bones
    Eurosport HD in English showing FIA WTCC
    Canal+HD Accion in English showing Fringe
    Cosmo HD in English showing Ray

Have a feeling its a test (I hope for FTA in future)

i might wait a few weeks and see if they are maintained in the clear - as a matter for comparison, what are the bit rates of these channels, and what equipment are you using to receive them - if i am gonna put up a dish i want to make sure i put up the right type -

It's supposed to be only temporary.

If we can confirm that its permanent

There isn't a hope of it being permanent.

i might wait a few weeks and see if they are maintained in the clear - as a matter for comparison, what are the bit rates of these channels, and what equipment are you using to receive them - if i am gonna put up a dish i want to make sure i put up the right type -

Its recommended for 19E to put up a 80cm or bigger dish depending on what part of the country.
    However "Her indoors" put me on a tight budget so I tried a Zone 2 Freesat dish and single LNB (Works fine for me in Wexford at the moment past 10 days or so).
    I use a Ferguson Ariva HD Combo for Saorview/19E and Foxsat HDR for Freesat 28E (Zone 1 dish works perfect for me in Wexford on 28E).
    It is possible to have bought 19E and 28E on either reciever with added equipment I believe.
    Cant check bit rates out till tonight.

Thanks for the info on Eurosport HD and other HD english channels.:)
    Fingers crossed.

Wexford is actually just on border of 65cm being OK.

If you have 2 x Quad LNBs and suitable Multiswitch, or 2 x Quattro and any Multiswitch, you can easily drive up to 16 tuners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

A 60cm dish is perfectly fine for Astra 1 at 19.2 for digital . For the analog system years ago you needed a larger dish but have been using a 60cm dish in Limerick for over 6 yrs and never any breakup. even on wet days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

im currently using a 45cm lidl dish and am reciving most channels but i would recommend a 65cm (am in north wexford) since a few channels are breaking up for me due to the inadaquate size of the dish

FOX HD and Eurosport HD is scrambled for me anyways -or if i was to manually add it would it be accessable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

im currently using a 45cm lidl dish and am reciving most channels but i would recommend a 65cm (am in north wexford) since a few channels are breaking up for me due to the inadaquate size of the dish

FOX HD and Eurosport HD is scrambled for me anyways -or if i was to manually add it would it be accessable?
    They are both FTA and accessible so a manual install will work .:) There are other Spanish HD stations FTA with English , American, Canadian programmes and movies with English audio PID feeds also selectable manually aswell as manually tuning them in to your sat box. Humax? I take it that you own a HD satellite receiver and not just the Lidl SD Comag Silvercrest SL65 with the Lidl 45cm dish? If that is the case you will only receive the sound and no picture.

• Advertisement

I had to do it manual

Sat Astra 1
    Transponder No 4/82 (Ferguson Combo)
    Frequency 10818
    Symbol 22000
    Polarity Vertical
    Transmission DVB-S2
    FEC 2/3
    Modulation 8PSK
    Pilot On

@ liamtech
    I don't think the Ferguson shows bit rates

FREETV wrote: »
    They are both FTA and accessible so a manual install will work .:) There are other Spanish HD stations FTA with English , American, Canadian programmes and movies with English audio PID feeds also selectable manually aswell as manually tuning them in to your sat box. Humax? I take it that you own a HD satellite receiver and not just the Lidl SD Comag Silvercrest SL65 with the Lidl 45cm dish? If that is the case you will only receive the sound and no picture.

Yep i have a tv hooked up to my pc using TBS dvb-s2 tuner and WINTV nova t 500 dvb-t and i use the sl65 as a sat/tp finder since it has a great signal allignment utility :)

A load of spanish fta? Could i ask for a list of frequencies and channels if thats ok or are they all on the tp mentioned above may i ask? All the hd channels spanishwise that i have already are showing canal hd advert page for me which means ill probably have to slightly adjust the dish and manually add the frequencies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Is there any way to recieve Europsort in English via a dish without having to pay for it???

paddy147 wrote: »
    Is there any way to recieve Europsort in English via a dish without having to pay for it???

Havent foud one myself to be honest:(

Havent foud one myself to be honest:(

Watching MotoGP or WSB in German doesnt do it for me.:(

Watching MotoGP or WSB in German doesnt do it for me.:(

Think its down to usage rights though....if it was i english it would be in direct competition with british eurosport :(

Currently the Eurosport HD has English audio, as well as Spanish. As long as that lasts as a FTA channel you have an English language Eurosport that doesn't have to be paid for,

Johnmb wrote: »
    Currently the Eurosport HD has English audio, as well as Spanish. As long as that lasts as a FTA channel you have an English language Eurosport that doesn't have to be paid for,

I didnt know that.

So is the english Eurosport "British Eurosport"??

What satilite or location will give me Eurosport in English?

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I had to do it manual

Sat Astra 1
    Transponder No 4/82 (Ferguson Combo)
    Frequency 10818
    Symbol 22000
    Polarity Vertical
    Transmission DVB-S2
    FEC 2/3
    Modulation 8PSK
    Pilot On

Astra 19.2e above is the data needed to do a manual search

I didnt know that.

So is the english Eurosport "British Eurosport"??

What satilite or location will give me Eurosport in English?

It is not British Eurosport that's FTA, it is the continental Eurosport.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It is not British Eurosport that's FTA, it is the continental Eurosport.

Hope that continental Eurosport show MotoGP and WSB live aswell then.

Actually it's Eurosport HD, not British Eurosport, or Eurosport International. Although it most closely follows the latter it is a separate channel not purely a simulcast. If you watch Eurosport HD on Sky, then the FTA version is exactly the same. Kind of like BBC HD, a bit of everything, and some stuff on neither other version.

The Eurosport HD on the continent sometimes differs from the one seen on Sky. This is prevalent during the US Open. Does the Eurosport HD on Sky show the WWE programming?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The Eurosport HD on the continent sometimes differs from the one seen on Sky. This is prevalent during the US Open. Does the Eurosport HD on Sky show the WWE programming?
    They used to be exactly the same, but I haven't paid much attention since I cancelled Sky back in August, and looking at the TV Schedule on Eurosport's website I notice they are now referring to it as "British Eurosport HD". They obviously now have enough HD content to separate out the two versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

:mad: Scrambled now unfortunately, well for me anyway

Nice to have them while they lasted.

Advertisement