Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16e trouble

• 15-03-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi guys, have had many satellite mishaps of late but wont get into all that right now but basically i lost 16e last night and its just gone, im using a 1.1m dish on a motor, has been fine for weeks just gone now im based in cork anyone else in this region having any hassle.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

I am getting it fine here in kildare no problems it must be your end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

sitja wrote: »
    Hi guys, have had many satellite mishaps of late but wont get into all that right now but basically i lost 16e last night and its just gone, im using a 1.1m dish on a motor, has been fine for weeks just gone now im based in cork anyone else in this region having any hassle.?
    Happened me a few weeks ago. It turned out the motor was slightly off when pointing to 16E (could get 19E and 13E no problem, but 16E and 9E were the only two satellites affected). I managed to fix it by picking a channel on 16E, and then pressing the POS button on my remote (for a Technomate 7100) which allowed me to nudge the motor either direction while watching until I got the channel tuned in, and then just tried to maximize the signal. I'm sure whatever receiver you have does something similar, so hopefully it will be as simple for you to fix as it was for me (once I realised what the POS button actually did!)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

thanks for replies im using dreambox 800, yes i tried tweaking motor east or west with no success, it just disappeared on me! I seem to see a signal when tweaking the motor but just cannot get it to lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

That is what was happening to me as well, it wouldn't lock. At that stage I was using the motorized settings in the installation menu. I could get a signal, but it wouldn't lock. Eventually I realised that I shouldn't be in the motorised settings, and instead should be using the POS button in order to fine tune, and lock, the single satellite. It wasn't obvious, and the instruction manual wasn't particularly helpful as it keeps mentioning the installation menu. I don't know what the buttons on the dreambox are like, but see if any double up (it's the blue button on the technomate).

unfortunately i dont have that button or know of a button on the dreambox that does that command. If anyone in cork is clearing 16e drop a line let me know what size dish your using, had it nice an strong a couple of weeks but now its just gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

I'm based in the south east Carlow area. I do have signal with my 85cm motorised dish with DM800.

thanks for reply guys, its realm annoying if i didnt recieve it at all i would say fair enough something is in my line of site but no it was all fine namely digital alb and tring which i viewed mainly.

Ok lads just thought id update on this topic. Got my sats working again, to get 16e on i literally went out to motor and drove it west a little touch an was fine again, would not work when using remote to step west but worked this way, and has been fine since, strange isnt it.

Advertisement