Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand Work Visa

Options
  • 15-03-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm interested in moving over to New Zealand to work for a year. Usit run a 1 year working Holiday visa but the work is supposed to be casual. I work in the Film & Television industry in the camera department and I doubt this would be considered casual work.

I also will not be eligible for their "Skilled Migrant Category". This I think leaves me with one choice, apply for the working holiday visa and try apply for a proper working visa once I'm there. Are there any websites for applying for jobs? Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

damo_87 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm interested in moving over to New Zealand to work for a year. Usit run a 1 year working Holiday visa but the work is supposed to be casual. I work in the Film & Television industry in the camera department and I doubt this would be considered casual work.

I also will not be eligible for their "Skilled Migrant Category". This I think leaves me with one choice, apply for the working holiday visa and try apply for a proper working visa once I'm there. Are there any websites for applying for jobs? Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do?

No you can work in the film industry on a WHV, the reason they say 'casual' is that it is a holiday visa (ideally work to fund your holiday). But as you say you can try get a job on WHV and get sponsorship from there.

I will say this, do a search on the forum for New Zealand visa ... there has lots of discussion about visas

Mod EDIT closing this thread as you have already asked this in another thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement