Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's that banging ?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

series of blasts, about 50? heard in ul area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Was fireworks outside Plassey House for Seachtain na Gaeilge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

were they rockets will cool colours or just a series of bangs like.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

were they rockets will cool colours or just a series of bangs like.

Proper cool fireworks like. Colours and the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

This is a picture from the fireworks. Posted to ULSU facebook page by a Des Foley. He has other images up too, very good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

That looks really cool I wish I went over (Even if stupid friends didnt want too..Stupid friends :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

cool, they have money for fireworks, but cant help out the needy in child bursary fund for the creche

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

iPwnage wrote: »
    cool, they have money for fireworks, but cant help out the needy in child bursary fund for the creche

why would the irish society give someone money for their creche? their job is to promote irish

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

The money for this event was provided by the Clubs and Societies Special Applications Fund and was signed out by the Clubs and Societies Executive.

If we want to talk about needy, I can create an extensive list of people who could use the money, and while the child bursary fund may not be in receipt of funding directly from clubs and societies, we as a whole have been making efforts throughout the year to raise for many different causes.

The Students Union do not have a say in how C+S money is allocated, so please don't jump to the conclusion that they do.

Given the amount of people who showed up for the fireworks I believe it was a huge success by the Cumann Gaelach and Criostóir Ó Faoláin who was the main organizer. Lifted my spirits a bit I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

can you give us a quick run down on the "child bursary fund for the creche" situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

The money for this event was provided by the Clubs and Societies Special Applications Fund and was signed out by the Clubs and Societies Executive.

If we want to talk about needy, I can create an extensive list of people who could use the money, and while the child bursary fund may not be in receipt of funding directly from clubs and societies, we as a whole have been making efforts throughout the year to raise for many different causes.

The Students Union do not have a say in how C+S money is allocated, so please don't jump to the conclusion that they do.

Given the amount of people who showed up for the fireworks I believe it was a huge success by the Cumann Gaelach and Criostóir Ó Faoláin who was the main organizer. Lifted my spirits a bit I guess.

Go Raibh maith agat:)

We had a great crowd for it and it went really well.

We ran a fund raiser in Scholars Bar after the fireworks. We will be donating the money raised to Dev soc for their Pakistan appeal.

Hope you all enjoyed it. ULTV were their to video it so I will post it in the Cumann Gaelach thread when they send it on to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement