Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frozen paint

• 15-03-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Does anyone know if paint which froze during the recent artic experiment is now useless or will it peel off after the first shower of rain?:)
    It is ordinary masonry paint for the exterior.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

give it a good stir,should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭beetlefan

is that the voice of experience or will i be the experiment?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

14 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Your off your trolley if you put that paint on the exterior of your house. But I guess you know that if your on here asking. This could and probably will cost you down the road, big time. Imagine your home peeling and flaking come this time next year. Buy some more paint, and put that on.

Frozen paint that has thawed is a nightmare. Once it has reached that goey, slugy state, the paint has lost it's binders which acts like a glue to keep the paint on the substrate. Cracking appears afterwards and it will take a lot of time to put right.

Not trying to scare you, just giving MHO. Of course you could always say feck it. i'll take my chances!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Definitely only fit for the rubbish bin, paint is the cheapest part of any decorating job (if you value your time). I had to dump a load of paint, car polish, glue and other liquids which were frozen in the last cold spell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭beetlefan

thanks heading for the dump (sorry recycling centre) as i speak

Advertisement