Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to upgrade my graphics card.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sampras wrote: »
    Ok so i disabled the onboard graphics card in device manager. Still no joy.
    The card is seated properly and the fan is spinning. I'm lost as to what to do next.

Occasionally the bios can get a little muddled when new hardware is added, I would do a hard reset of the cmos like Jonny7 suggests (I usually remove the battery and short the "CLEAR CMOS" pins for about 15 seconds to be absolutly certain it is done).

The exact steps I would try first are.

1) Remove GPU and do hard reset of cmos (onboard GPU should now be reenabled).
    2) Reconnect monitor to onboard, boot up and disable onboard again.
    3) Power off and reinstall graphics card and reconnect monitor to new gpu.
    4) Power on and hopefully all will now be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sampras

Did all your steps marco but still no joy. Its still not showing up in the device manager. I'm having serious thoughts about returning it.

Advertisement