Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the leaving cert be sat in a different school?- teachers please answer

• 15-03-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Okay, i have an unusual situation. a friend of mine may be coming to live with me within the next few weeks, this means she will be moving far away from her own school and will be attending mine. my principle has already agreed that she could come to the school and sit the leaving cert this year.

However, she has just told me that she has paid for her LC already!
    Does that mean that she cant sit it in a different school or is there a way around this ?

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who responds!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If she is moving schools to your school, she will then be registered as a student in your school and I imagine will be registered to sit her exams in your school. It doesn't matter about payment. Payment goes to the State Exams Commission to allow you to sit your exams. It doesn't matter where you sit them as the cost is still the same. Her exam number won't change however.

Has she been in contact with your principal or has all of this been done through you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

It shouldn't be a problem, but it probably won't happen automatically, given that all this has happened after her application has been processed.

As Rainbowtrout suggests, she needs to talk the principal or exam secretary in the school, and then they (or she) need to contact the SEC to sort it out.

Advertisement