Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus Customer Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

sesna wrote: »
    Following an EU inspection at Dublin airport a few years ago

The OP seems to be talking about recently, not a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

sesna wrote: »
    Following an EU inspection at Dublin airport a few years ago, replica bomb and knives were smuggled through security checks at the airport. In true Irish style, the lads at security started sulking and decided to start over checking everyone who presented causing several hours delayed and scores of people missing flights.

Sulking ?? So they weren't being extra careful ensuring your safety by body searching everyone ? The knife smuggled in wasn't made of metal so didn't set the detector off. Also it's not easy to simulate C4 as it appears to an x-ray machine. The result is that now the machines have been calibrated to be more sensitive. I think the search unit do a thankless job but try to remember that these searches weren't introduced for the fun of it - there is a good reason for them.

Best advice is to give yourself plenty of time, prioritise and get through security first before thinking about food and magazines. There are now smoking facilities airside so the practice of leaving it till the very last second so as to have a smoke is unnecessary !!

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

RasTa wrote: »
    Why? The plane leaves at the same time....

Less hassle, everyone can get on first, sort themselves out, put their bags in the overhead locker etc, reserved seating anyway so no problems if you get on last, plus you can sit and have a read while everyone else is queuing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OP, at the end of the day, its called personal responsibility.

Your boarding pass states what time the gate is closing, you give yourself 20 mins to get there.

if you are stuck in a queue, you walk to the top of the queue with your boarding pass and show security and they will rush you through.

I have had to do this in Dublin, Heathrow, Birmingham, Istanbul, JFK and probably a hundred other airports.

It is in no way aer lingus fault and i think they were being brilliant offering to waive the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Like many here, I don't think the OP has given all the information.

It was a saturday morning. Saturdays are not overly busy, so I can't see how it took 2 hours to get through security.

Check-in is done on amachine and takes seconds. Bag drop can take up to 10/ 15 minutes, but if the OP had a bag, it would have to be taken off the flight or the flight would be delayed until he got on and they would have called his name several times. - So I don't think he had a bag.

There are not a huge number of flights on a Saturday morning either and most football flights are done by Ryanair in T1 and Aer Lingus are in the new T2.

So IF there was a 2 hour delay, I suspect there were a good few passengers of the flight that did not get to the gate on time including some with baggage.

To clear it up the OP may let us know

What time the flight was
    What time he arrived in airport
    Was check in at a desk, online or on the self service machine
    Whether he had baggage or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

starting to sound more and more like the OP was carrying something he shouldnt have been in his hand luggage, and had security questioning him for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

nice attempt at trolling..

would you bring an apple to an orchard?:rolleyes:

Advertisement