Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air to water heating systems???

• 15-03-2011 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi all,
    just wondering what the story is with air to water heat systems. DO you need a back up plan, like a back boiler?, or are we just being backward? friends of ours have installed this system on its own and its working like a dream, no solar panels or heat recovery. any ideas???? seems very efficient and cost effective...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Hi

I will be installing an Air-to-Water Heat Pump which is sized to take care of all my heating and hot water needs, no need for any back up, there is an immersion built in to help if needed and also to allow for the heating of the hot water every so often for legionnaires. Hopefully have it up and running in the next few weeks. Have Underfloor Heating installed in all rooms ( bunfgalow ).
    Granted i do have MHRV installed as well, due to the fact that i went with an air-tightness system.

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MajorMac

Hi JB81, would you PM me some details of your air-to-water heat pump and the overall system spec/air tight system etc? I need to decide soon on a heating system for a house I am building in Kildare. Looking at 2 options 1. air-to-water HP and solar feeding a buffer tank and underfloor and 2. ground-source HP with boreholes, no solar and underfloor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

JB81 could you pm me as well many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 luncia

JB81 Could you PM me the info as well please.

Did you get the system running? Are you pleased?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Hi Luncia

System filled today only, but not running yet, i have PM'ed you the details of who i used

Thanks
    JB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

send me on the details too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Since 4 of the 7 posts here are looking for PM's of details, I think this thread is done.
    I am locking the thread but anyone looking for details you can PM directly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement