Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog knocked down today, please advise?

• 15-03-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

hello, im very worried about my jack russell, he got hit by a car 3hours ago and i took him straight to the vets but thankfully he seems to have escaped very serious injury, although he is peeing blood, once before he went to vet and once since he has came home, i told the vet this and he gave him an injection for shock and 2different sets of tablets one are painkillers and the others antibiotics to take until next monday. I will ring the vet first thing in the morning again but i am very worried about him peeing blood. Any one advise me on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I had the same thing myself after a collision with a wall (off a horse) :rolleyes:. Just a bit of internal bruising, cleared up after a day or two, wouldn't worry about it too much in the meantime, see how he is in the morning, he'll be a bit stiff anyway but if it doesn't look any better then, go straight back to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

cheers for quick reply, ya the vet said he should be ok in a couple of days again, but still worried enough all the same. thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I would keep him really warm tonight, with a hot water bottle, and set your clock to check on him during the night just in case he is cold.
    If in any doubt, don't wait and go straight to the vet in the morning. Better safe than sorry.
    Hope he feels better and that you are over the awful shock

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

he seems much better today, peeing pretty much back to normal, but very bruised and swollen down there. thank god it could have much worse, not many jack russells come off as lucky against a saab!

Advertisement