Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses for not going out?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

In a sudden onslaught of reclusiveness, I'd rather not succumb to my friends' pleas and go out on Paddy's Day. It's not that I have work the next day or anything, but the idea of paying a lot of money to go to a nightclub, which will be packed, have very expensive drinks, have music that is too loud to actually make intelligent conversation with anybody without screaming and having to arrange a taxi back to my house in the sticks seems less than inviting!

Do you have any excuses that you like to use when you don't feel like going out? I know if I try the "I don't feel like it" I'll hear torrents of "Ah sure come on, it'll be good craic", etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

That's called your early 30's OP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

jc2008 wrote: »
    Do you have any excuses that you like to use when you don't feel like going out? I know if I try the "I don't feel like it" I'll hear torrents of "Ah sure come on, it'll be good craic", etc.
    The next step is to say "No, seriously, I'm not heading out." No one's going to pull you out of your gaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Excuses for not going out on Paddy's day? Drunken aggressive scum flooding the streets looking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

'ive got the aids'?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Go with the food poisoning one, and start going into detail about how much time you've been spending on the loo...they'll hang up the phone pretty quickly:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

There's a Kenny G marathon on VH1 that day, use that as an excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Just say you don't want to go out. If they plea or pressure you then tell them to F off.

I actually hate people who just won't accept your decisions. If I don't want to go out, then I don't. Don't persuade me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

father died of a heart attack is always a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Will wrote: »
    Excuses for not going out on Paddy's day? Drunken aggressive scum flooding the streets looking for trouble.

This. My reasoning for not going my last two years in a row and I'm only 22.

You probably just grew up, OP.

Anyway be honest, I'm not in the mood. If they eventually won't leave you alone, say I'll think about it and text you if I'm going. Just don't feckin' text them. ;)

parents won't let me :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Tell them you have really bad period pain & are bleeding heavily. This works particularly well if you happen to be a man because no one will question you about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

'ive got the aids'?
    macroboy wrote: »
    father died of a heart attack is always a good one.

Father died of the Aids, better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Will wrote: »

Thats pretty much what i said to my mates the other day and its not an excuse, its a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

'I have to identify a body at the morgue.'

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

Ah sure go on OP, it'll be good craic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

well yes...or how about father was infected with aids while receiving blood transfusion after he had a heart attack,then died 5 months later.

yeah that will do.

ok sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yep, 'I don't feel like going out' works best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

fabbydabby wrote: »
    'I have to identify a body at the morgue.'

'I have to present myself at the Gardai station to make a statement regarding a sexual assault'

Leave it up to them to guess whether you are the victim or perpetrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

"I'm washing my hair"?

They'll never see through that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

if you're using the food poisoning one ......you need to start off at some point tomorrow telling them you'd mangle a chinese / chicken egg mayo salad / or some such that will be easily traced back - plus they won't be surprised on Thursday that you've been sick from whatever you ate on Wednesday........... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

jc2008 wrote: »
    In a sudden onslaught of reclusiveness, I'd rather not succumb to my friends' pleas and go out on Paddy's Day. It's not that I have work the next day or anything, but the idea of paying a lot of money to go to a nightclub, which will be packed, have very expensive drinks, have music that is too loud to actually make intelligent conversation with anybody without screaming and having to arrange a taxi back to my house in the sticks seems less than inviting!

Who goes out on Paddies day with the intention of looking for someone to have an intelligent conversation with in fairness, really clutching at straws for excuses not to go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"I hate you all"

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

You might aswell be honest and admit your under the thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Using the dead father one more than once draws suspicion, so think wisely before wasting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

phasers wrote: »
    "I hate you all"

Is this your excuse for not going out or just a general message to fellow AHers?
    :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

phasers wrote: »
    "I hate you all"
    "There is a cheesy smell coming from my ba**s"" usually does!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

"I'm washing the cat"

"I'm not allowed within 100 metres of anyone under 18"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Just say no. :p

Or do what someone else said and play along, say you'll text later and then just don't. Unless you only have one or two friends they'll be too preoccupied with getting hammered and having "the craic" to miss you.

Don't understand the problem really, quite a few of my friends are giving Paddy's Day a miss this year to "catch up on sleep", "save money" or the age old "just couldn't be bothered".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

macroboy wrote: »
    well yes...or how about father was infected with aids while receiving blood transfusion after he had a heart attack,then died 5 months later.

yeah that will do.

ok sorted.

"I'd love to but, I'll be dieing of a Heart attack having found out I have Aids"

p.s.
    Paddy's Night is horrible <<<< my reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Tell them youve just seen your parents at "it", and its put you off sex and drink. :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement