Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses for not going out?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

You shouldn't need an excuse, just say you don't feel like going out. That's what I do, if they're your friends they'll understand. Nothing worse than someone making up bull excuses for not going, just be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone who doesnt respect your decision not to go out isnt worth having as a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Bykobap

I've lost many many grandmothers over the years... Poor Mary, Franceska, Milica, Sue, Anne, Jelena, Monika...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Say you have a migraine. Always works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I've been savagely anally raped.

What's this thread about anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Interesting answers...

Firstly, I'm 18 - but you don't need to reach your thirties to realise how sh*t nightclubs actually are!

Secondly, they are actual friends. They won't bind me and beat me up with shoes because I'm not going out, but I don't want it to seem like I'm fobbing them off with an excuse :P

As it's Paddy's night, I expect the retorts to be like
    "Why don't you want to come out? It's Paddy's Day!"
    "I haven't seen ya in ages"
    "It'll be class craic, sure you're not doing much anyway, are you!?".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Then just say no, I don't feel like it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'd go out to the club, do a poo on the dancefloor and smear it all over your body shouting "Im a pretty Barbie doll". You'll have to go out to do this but you wont be invited out ever again, so its better in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Tell them your family has a St Paddy's Day tradition of having day long orgies. And your gran is over who you haven't seen since last year...

Or just man up and say 'no', or 'ok'. Depends on how you look at it I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

'i cant afford it' but id say that'd get a few remarks such as 'neither can i but im going - its paddies day!'

how about 'its midweek' 'payday isnt till next mon' 'im working on fri'
    or 'im emmigrating on fri mate'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Just keep saying maybe til the day then say you don't feel well. Ya might even get some sympathy for being so sick you have to miss out all the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The next step is to say "No, seriously, I'm not heading out." No one's going to pull you out of your gaf.[/QUOTE]
    You'd think that would be the case, wouldnt you?
    A couple of months back a couple of the lads kept txtn, then ringing to get me to go out. There was no special occasion that night ie. 21st, stag night, bla bla bla. I kept repeating myself til i was blue in the face (that i wasnt going out that night) and so they actually came to my house and wouldnt leave until i gave in, which i ended up doing in the end. :pac: Turned out to be a cracker of a night though. :D
    Their a bit pushy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

'ive got the aids'?
    not good enuff...... scientists are pretty close to a cure now... http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20928023.300-genetic-treatment-closes-door-on-hiv.html

Bykobap wrote: »
    I've lost many many grandmothers over the years... Poor Mary, Franceska, Milica, Sue, Anne, Jelena, Monika...

ya shouldnt really be marrying your cousins...its just not good for the gene pool

who wants to go knacker drinking Cider in the phoenix park instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

who wants to go knacker drinking Cider in the phoenix park instead?

Can we bring a few ipods and a few speakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Can we bring a few ipods and a few speakers?

or the boot of someone who pimped their ride. see a lot of that these days or maybe they like hanging in there
    'hey joe mate, wanna hang in d boot of my momo and chug a few ciders?'

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

When they ask you to go out say "Awww, I wish I could...but I really don't want to".

I fear that I may just have quoted "Friends"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Will wrote: »
    Excuses for not going out on Paddy's day? Drunken aggressive scum flooding the streets looking for trouble.

Or to put it another way "Im a grown man too afraid to go outside my house"

Some amount of whingy little nerds on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

"staying in is the new going out." TV said so. obey, obey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

macroboy wrote: »
    father died of a heart attack is always a good one.

That happened to my uncle once, and he was fine afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Aishae wrote: »
    'i cant afford it' but id say that'd get a few remarks such as 'neither can i but im going - its paddies day!'
    /QUOTE]

This. I hate this. I don't understand it, if you can't afford something then you can't afford it. Can't recall how many times friends have said it, namely because I've either gone into a red hot rant straight after or swiftly changed topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It's easier to just say 'yes' and then not turn up. Also you could ghost.

Ghosting:

The act of disapearing, without warning or excusing oneself, from a social gathering to avoid nagging.
    Usually executed by pretending to go to the toilet and then leaving or 'Ghosting'

Ghosting: disappearing and reappearing unexpectedly when one chooses.

I used to do it all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

" If I go out on St.Patricks Day theres a 75% chance I'll die."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

''if I wanted a night out with a load of drunken hooligans causing trouble I'd have Moved to Limerick''

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just say you have a dose of the sh!ts and every time you try to eat/drink something it runs straight through you...
    You've been on the bowl for hours and in serious pain. Really sorry, must be the IBS playing up again.

Got me out of work a few times a year when I was a lazy sod

And I've never had issues with IBS

:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Best excuse is I am not in the humor to go out.

Why say "im out of money" , "got to get up early in the morning" etc. You'll just come off as giving any old excuse. Least if you say not bothered it leaves a whole list of reasons open to why you are not willing to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

Tell them you've your grandmothers mass out the country at 7 and you'll try get lift in to town after and meet them out.

Then you can say you can't get a lift in because everyone is drinking and a taxi would be too much seeing as its so far out the country. So your stuck out the country until your parents decide to leave to go home, at your aunts house drinking tea and playing with the younger cousins and IT SUCKS.

Always works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Tell them you have chlorophobia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

fabbydabby wrote: »
    'I have to identify a body at the morgue.'

That is actually a pretty good way of identifying friends over drinking buddies. A friend will say "Seriously? Do you want me to come with you?". A drinking buddy will say "Oh right. Well another night then".

Advertisement