Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses for not going out?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just say you have a dose of the sh!ts and every time you try to eat/drink something it runs straight through you...
    You've been on the bowl for hours and in serious pain. Really sorry, must be the IBS playing up again.

Got me out of work a few times a year when I was a lazy sod

And I've never had issues with IBS

:-D

That was my get off school excuse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The next step is to say "No, seriously, I'm not heading out." No one's going to pull you out of your gaf.[/QUOTE]
    You'd think that would be the case, wouldnt you?
    A couple of months back a couple of the lads kept txtn, then ringing to get me to go out. There was no special occasion that night ie. 21st, stag night, bla bla bla. I kept repeating myself til i was blue in the face (that i wasnt going out that night) and so they actually came to my house and wouldnt leave until i gave in, which i ended up doing in the end. :pac: Turned out to be a cracker of a night though. :D
    Their a bit pushy tbh.

Sounds like my friends:D. Told them I wasn't going out one night, conversation went like this:

Me: I'm not going out, can't be bothered (x20)

Friends: We'll come up to the house and MAKE you go out

Me: If ye do, I won't answer the door

Friends: We'll pull you out through the letterbox if we have to, your going out. You've no choice in the matter.

Ended up going out and having a great night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

jc2008 wrote: »

Do you have any excuses that you like to use when you don't feel like going out? I know if I try the "I don't feel like it" I'll hear torrents of "Ah sure come on, it'll be good craic", etc.

st. patrick was a homosexual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Go on away out, ta feck, and stop being such a stick in the mud. One day you'll wake up and you'll be fifty and you'll regret all the chances of shagging a slapper that you passed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Invite them over to your house for some pre pub drinks, and then answer the door naked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sounds like my friends:D. Told them I wasn't going out one night, conversation went like this:

Me: I'm not going out, can't be bothered (x20)

Friends: We'll come up to the house and MAKE you go out

Me: If ye do, I won't answer the door

Friends: We'll pull you out through the letterbox if we have to, your going out. You've no choice in the matter.

Ended up going out and having a great night!!

This tends to be the case, Its the not in the mood but dragged out nights which end up great.

Lifes short, sure you spend most of your time in, why not spend some of it out.

Also ive never once had any trouble what so ever on St Patricks day in my life. There is a terrible depressing attitude here and negative vibe thats pushed around it.

There is plenty of non alcohol related things to do on the day. Any alot of people have put huge effort and time into organising events so get out there and enjoy yourself. Christ life is short, you'll only realise that when your put in a situation where it becomes blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Just go out problem solved! seriously though u'l prob have a great night and if ya don't just get plastered then you wont remember any of it!

On the other side of the fence a good excuse is the truth say you don't like the nightclub scene if you keep making silly excuses they will stop asking you to go out and before you know it u'l have no mates but they might come up with doing something during the day instead!

Still think the 1st suggestion is the best tho go out and have a bit of fun your only 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

just say no.

Why do you need an excuse.

If you do insist on making an excuse, tell them you cannot go out because you will be reading a book you just purchased called "learning how to say no"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

ya shouldnt really be marrying your cousins...its just not good for the gene pool

Would he not only have one grandmother if that was the case?? :confused:

My money goes to three places

One: bus fare to work.

Two: Food at work

Three: My "I'm off to Canada so long suckers" fund.

Ohhhhh Cannnnadaaaaaaaa............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Have been feeling tired all morning today - even more reason not to go out! Anyone else not going out tonight? Anyone have any other excuses!?

Not sure being sick is a valid one because I'll be giving blood tomorrow evening so from being too sick to go out to suddenly good enough to donate blood (which you can't do while sick) will seem odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

jc2008 wrote: »
    Have been feeling tired all morning today - even more reason not to go out! Anyone else not going out tonight? Anyone have any other excuses!?

Same boat. Was out last night, nothing too wild but feeling wrecked. I have work in the morning, so i'm definitely staying in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm not going out. For one, I've only £30 to last me until my next grant payment, and secondly, I really can't be arsed. My housemates continue to harp on about "ah sure it's Paddy's Day, you have to go out" and "Ah come on, I've no money either and I'm going out". Feck em tbh. House all to myself for the next 6 or so hours, Hmmmm, what to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I dont have an excuse. i just dont want to have any dealings with the shower of **** that accumulate around towns and the city center at this time of year.

Advertisement