Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shogun 2 TW

Options
  • 15-03-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    Picked this up today for my son and wasted the whole day trying to get it working on a variety different pc`s. I am so fed up with Steam and their....not our problem, blame Sega....attitude. The stupid game cost €75 for the special edition, and the kid is heartbroken after waiting all day for it to crawl down from Steam repeatedly and install.

On one pc it loads the banner screen and promptly reboots the pc. On another it hangs and just sits there with the vista ring of death spinning. The demo worked fine on both pc`s.....so its not a hardware issue, I don't think. They are a totla waste of space from a customer support perspective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

run that on both pcs, click on shogun TW 2 as the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Thanks for that dreamers.....I just ran it in the lesser of the 2 mc`s and it passed all tests with 2 minor upgrade recommendations. I have seen bugs in my time but to reboot the PC is a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Dozens of games on steam and never had a problem, perhaps just check in the steam forums if there is a similar problem for everyone else with this game (first day bugs etc)

What processor, graphics card, and ram are in the fastest machine, and also are the graphics drivers up to date? (alternatively you may have to roll back the drivers one or two versions if the very newest ones are causing hassle)

If steam servers are being hammered (dont think there is any sale on at the mo) then you can try to get from a different server (e.g. Ukraine, etc) could be a lot faster.

If there is a general problem for everyone, then you may have to wait a day before the game is patched on steam.

Looks like such a damn good game, must be frustrating, but have patience, if the PC is up for it then you'll definitely get it going.

Both machines ran the demo....no problem, Its not what I would class as a graphics heavy games like Crisis 2 or CoD Black Ops. They both have 1 gig graphics cards and quad core Intel processors with 3 and 4 gigs of ram respectively. I have loads of steam games myself having two boys who love gaming, and most games install and run relatively flawlessly......but the install times are a pain from steam......2.5 hrs at 2mb/s. This one is just so annoying though.......just got it working on one of the pcs there now, trouble is its past bedtime for junior.

I retract what I said about the graphics......they are quite impressive now that I see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I ran the game fine, but when I wanted to quit to Windows I had to force quit, I think I had this problem initially on Empire: Total War. If you wait a day or day it should be patched out.

Advertisement