Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Client - Citrix

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Trying to setup a test environment for a couple of people we have over in India with a view to a bigger solution. Basically I wanted to set this up as a simple test to see if it could be done, I want to give people access to a couple of web based applications as latency is proving an issue (there fairly beefy apps with large spreadsheets) which is the best option to go with on a trial?

I've looked up citrix and am confused over what product to choose as its been a few years since I've installed citrix (4.0 was the last version I used as an admin) do I use xenapp6 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Trying to setup a test environment for a couple of people we have over in India with a view to a bigger solution. Basically I wanted to set this up as a simple test to see if it could be done, I want to give people access to a couple of web based applications as latency is proving an issue (there fairly beefy apps with large spreadsheets) which is the best option to go with on a trial?

I've looked up citrix and am confused over what product to choose as its been a few years since I've installed citrix (4.0 was the last version I used as an admin) do I use xenapp6 ?

Might as well go 6. Its really not a massive jump from 4 in regards to administration.

Since you used to work in 4 then its no real point telling you about its restrictions in regards to graphics and large file transfers. You understand the basic principle behind thin.

A few settings are in different places, like licencing etc, however it was similar enough for me to only be a minor hindrance at the start.

You still need Terminal services (Application server now) licences.

Advertisement