Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying tickets at WHL on match days

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I tried to buy tickets for the home game against Blackpool from the Spurs website when they went on sale recently but they sold out before I could place an order. I was just wondering how easy/difficult it is to buy them outside the ground on the match day and what sort of prices would you pay? Was hoping to take the brother over as a birthday treat but depending on the prospect of getting tickets I might have to scrap that idea.
    Any advise welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Touts usually looking for stupid prices outside WHL. Might be worth having a look at the match breaks that include hotel and match ticket http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur?ac=thspmb0311

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

If you post in the tickets thread for the game you want maybe the lads on here can help sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Touts usually looking for stupid prices outside WHL. Might be worth having a look at the match breaks that include hotel and match ticket http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Tottenham-Hotspur?ac=thspmb0311

+1, dont go near touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Thanks for the replies lads, I'll put something up on the tickets thread. Those ticket and hotel deals aren't that cheap, you're really paying for the tickets. Ball park what sort of money would the touts be looking for?

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads, I'll put something up on the tickets thread. Those ticket and hotel deals aren't that cheap, you're really paying for the tickets. Ball park what sort of money would the touts be looking for?

It may not appear to be cheap but if you look at it they have 2 north stand tickets and 1 night hotel for the goon game for £330 (in Kings Cross Premier Inn) which works out at 165 per match ticket and hotel per person. I doubt if you 'd get a ticket from a tout for the goon game for any cheaper than that. Especially if you looking for 2 together.

Edit Just had a look on Prremier Inn site and theyre looking for £165 for a twin room in their Kings Cross hotel on 2oth Aptil the night of the goon game, Based on that you'd be getting the match tickets for £82.50 each! Not a chance in hell of getting a touted ticket for any game in WHL for that amount!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Thanks Yiddo, but can't figure out your pricing? If the hotel is costing 65 yoyos surely you're paying c130 yoyos per ticket or am I losing the plot?

Lad GAGA wrote: »
    Thanks Yiddo, but can't figure out your pricing? If the hotel is costing 65 yoyos surely you're paying c130 yoyos per ticket or am I losing the plot?

Sorry bout that my mistake should be £165 for the hotel and btw all prices are sterling not yoyos!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

stay away from touts ,was short 1 of 3 tickets a few years ago and friend of mine paid £180,alot of money but couldnt ticket before or on the day after travelling over,that was for the Arsenal game too.will never again deal with touts

Advertisement