Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frightened and lonely with MS.

Options
  • 16-03-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm 31 and was diagnosed October 2010. I feel so isolated and scared by it. I feel so bombarded and it's all so much of a shock...I have great days and then the fatigue ( I hate that word) hits and I feel like somebody pulled my plug out. Today was a really bad day, I'm so tired and have felt like I want to run away and hibernate all day. Hard to do when you have 2 little people and a house to look after!
    I sleep when our baby goes for his nap but some days it's not enough and want to stay there all day! I'm constantly thinking of all the things I should be doing and getting frustrated because I'm just too tired to budge! I mourn for my life!! A bit melodramatic I know but I had huge plans and now I won't realise most of them!
    I had such a terrible time at diagnosis - it was horrendous! There is no easy way to learn you have Multiple Sclerosis (I hate those words too..lol) I started on Copaxone which was horrific. Mood swings, awful pain at injection sites...I didn't stick it for long! Back to my Neuro and he's giving me a bit of time off and starting Avonex in May. Dreading the muscular injections and fluey symptoms but feel I really need to take back some control!
    My Husband is absolutely amazing and so supportive which only makes me feel guilty because like today, when I'm having a bad day - even I can't make sense of me!!
    Sorry this is so long. I haven't told anybody outside of close family and find it all really hard, I know I'm ranting! redface.gif
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement