Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

API Beers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

South West (including Kerry, Cork, Limerick)
    My house is a madhouse anyway, a few more citters makes no odds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

An EGAR/boards funday :D (handy its only 15 mins away from me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

I`m up for it :D
    Galway gets my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Northern counties (including Donegal, Cavan, Louth, Monaghan)
    We're neck in neck.

Where're the donegal voters? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Whispered wrote: »
    We're neck in neck.

Where're the donegal voters? :D

Well it was never going to be in Donegal :p, I'm within an hour and a half of Sligo and Leitrim which I thought would be both NW, Monaghan could be do-able and Dublin could be considered if I could find another excuse to go but not Galway, so I don't know what to choose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

is it any wonder I often question why exactly I have been providing free childcare to people for so long when they won't even dog-sit overnight once in a blue moon in return :rolleyes:

Kick them up the bum :pac:
    EGAR wrote: »
    Galway, next to EGAR ;), BIG field for tents ;)

Now that's an idea!!! :D

I've been away in Galway for few days will vote on the poll thing now.

EDIT: It aint multiple choice! I'll be good to go wherever so just add 1 onto each option :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Kick them up the bum :pac:

I have, in the form of me going back to work next week, couple of pretty angry girlies storming around here this last few weeks :D

I have, in the form of me going back to work next week, couple of pretty angry girlies storming around here this last few weeks :D

Congrats!!

API/ new job for AJ beers :D

So I think we can safely agree it's going to be in Dublin+Surrounds.

Most probably a toss up between Dublin city or Kildare with Tallon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm not in Ireland anymore, so won't be attending, but I have a suggestion for future beers (after ye've all met and have some degree of rapport, of course!): what about a barbecue or picnic/potluck of some kind with beers in a park or large property where you could bring your dogs? If this were Canada you could've used my 10 acres or so, I always wanted to do something like that.

I mean, it is A&PI, after all! :p

• Advertisement

liah wrote: »
    I'm not in Ireland anymore, so won't be attending, but I have a suggestion for future beers (after ye've all met and have some degree of rapport, of course!): what about a barbecue or picnic/potluck of some kind with beers in a park or large property where you could bring your dogs? If this were Canada you could've used my 10 acres or so, I always wanted to do something like that.

I mean, it is A&PI, after all! :p

Well you aint allowed to drink alcohol in public....though folks could always use a coke bottle or cidona bottle to hide their whiskey and coke or Bulmers :pac: I doubt we would be getting highly intoxicated anyway:p

Picnic in a park is definitely an awesome idea :) Hmmm a BBQ in the park ha! The dogs would be crowded round wanting first dibs :p
    Are you even allowed to use those little disposable barbeques in parks I wonder? They might be a fire haazard or some kind of risk.

Well you aint allowed to drink alcohol in public....though folks could always use a coke bottle or cidona bottle to hide their whiskey and coke or Bulmers :pac: I doubt we would be getting highly intoxicated anyway:p

Sounds like the voice of experience :P

So then if dublin or Kildare have won, how do we decide where. And how do you think we should establish the date?

Liah, a very good idea. I think, maybe after an initial meet up, we could run with that idea. I'm sure we'd find the land somewhere. On private property (I have somewhere in mind actually!)

Sounds like the voice of experience :P

So then if dublin or Kildare have won, how do we decide where. And how do you think we should establish the date?

Liah, a very good idea. I think, maybe after an initial meet up, we could run with that idea. I'm sure we'd find the land somewhere. On private property (I have somewhere in mind actually!)

When it comes to alcohol......YES! \o/ :p

As for the date we can hold off on that for the moment and just get the place folks would want to drink in first.
    The date is always the tricky one. We can do a seperate thread with a poll of the various possible dates/months folks would wanna have it on.
    No matter what I'm figuring a Saturday will be the biggest choice for most folks?

It all depends on what the people who picked Dublin or Kildare wish to do.
    Are they willing to go into the general Dublin city centre area for the beers or would they want to pick a town in Kildare they all live near?

There might be late buses people could get home or if folks lived in general area near each other they could share a taxi.

So all the folks who picked Dublin/Kildare where would yous like to go drinking!! :D

So all the folks who picked Dublin/Kildare where would yous like to go drinking!! :D
    Bardons in Kilcullen :cool::D

>.>

*gets map of Ireland*

<.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Tallon wrote: »
    Can i bring a pet?

Makes me laugh...i brought my fella to my 21st....what can i say he was my best friend..i wanted him there.:)

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Makes me laugh...i brought my fella to my 21st....what can i say he was my best friend..i wanted him there.:)

Our dog made an appearance at our wedding.

Our dog made an appearance at our wedding.

Love it...to be honest...if was to get married id demand Jack to be there with me....I couldnt give a **** what people think bout it.

and most sickening is.... if the bride turned around and said its her or the dog......Goodbye Bride!....lets go home Jack!!! I love him so much

That's awesome about your 21st and the wedding :D

I'm gonna vote for Dublin city centre for the beers .......least I can get a hostel there :pac::p

That's awesome about your 21st and the wedding :D

I'm gonna vote for Dublin city centre for the beers .......least I can get a hostel there :pac::p

ah vote galway...ill put ya up and your dog..

• Advertisement

Don't think galway is going to come back and beat dublin at this stage. But in the interest of fairness, we will reserve judgement for another day. :D

I'm happy to go anywhere tbh, so if majority want dublin city centre thats fine by me too, I'll add my vote there.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Lol - picnic at Marley Park, bring your own picnic . . . and beer :pac:

Count me in!! Us and the puppy love Marlay Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Dublin, Kildare or Wicklow for me

Is it safe to say that considering dublin and surrounds came first in the poll, that from those areas, dublin city centre would suit best then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I just spotted this, I'm in south east:(
    But should have voted Galway as thats where one of my dogs is from, he'd have somewhere to stay at least:p
    Don't think I could make it at the mo anyway, 2 jobs, studying, a teenager and the animals is a bit much at the moment.
    I'd love to put a human face to all those pets in the pic's:D

I'm originally from the "sunny" south east. It's a stones throw from Dublin! Come ooooooon. :pac:

Dublin city centre YES.

Means I can get a hostel! :pac:

So then tonituddle, what now? (I'm such a bad organiser of people!)

Hmmm ok well I'm gonna be away from computer over weekend....well gonna have limited access. When I get a chance I'll send a PM to each one who voted for Dublin/Kildare and see if they will be up for the city centre as the location for the beers. Sending the PM as some may not have checked back to this thread.

Once they have replied then we can try and sort out a date that would be suitable for everybody :)

• Advertisement

I've sent a PM to the dublin and surrounds voters, if you voted elsewhere but would still consider travelling, please PM me, or post here.

Dublin city centre might suit most people. Hotels, hostels and doorways aplenty for sleeping. As well as late night/early morning buses to some areas of the country.

Any suggestions on places or dates welcome and when I get an idea I'll do another poll.

Advertisement