Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Period with New Contract?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been working for my company for over a year, and when I signed my original contract it stated that my notice period for working there under 13 weeks was 2 weeks notice, and 13 weeks to 10 years service was 1 month's notice.

I recently got promoted internally and was thus issued with a new contract, which was an "add-on" to my previous contract. It stated that I would be on a probationary period, after which I would be made permanent again. HR manager advised all other terms of my previous contract were the same there were no amendments.

My question is, because its a new role, and I am back to probation, would the minimum notice period be back down to under 13 weeks service (ie 2 weeks notice) or would it carry forward from my original contract (working with the company 1 year plus, so 1 month notice). It does not specify this in the new contract, merely states my wages, the probationary period, and my working hours.

Also, if 1 month notice is required and I do not honour it (say, give 2 weeks notice) - what are the repercussions?

Advertisement