Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a HP Pavilion Dv 6 laptop

Options
  • 16-03-2011 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Im looking to get a laptop soon, I have the HP Pavilion Dv 6 series in mind with the 4g of ram and 500gig drive. however im not sure on what type of processor to get, im looking for high performance out of it, but saying that i want it to run multible prgrams at once with out it crashing or running slower.

ive tried ordering it off both the US and UK sites but they dont ship to ireland, im really looking to get a good deal on one.

just wondering in general what are peoples experiance with it?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,928 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overature wrote: »

just wondering in general what are peoples experiance with it?
    You, you want to buy a DV6?

I suppose I wouldn't complain... but what GPU are they snaking into one of those freshly built these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

Try www.hpshop.ie and www.elara.ie for the best range of HP Laptops. If you're looking to buy retail PC World have a few as well. A lot of the models are red though, they look terrible in pictures, but much better in reality.

The DV6 is a totally different range from the DV6000 range they are bundling ATI graphics these days or onboard. I know someone with a DV6-1131ea and they have no problems with it and have had it for nearly two years. I have a DM4 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Try www.hpshop.ie and www.elara.ie for the best range of HP Laptops. If you're looking to buy retail PC World have a few as well. A lot of the models are red though, they look terrible in pictures, but much better in reality.

The DV6 is a totally different range from the DV6000 range they are bundling ATI graphics these days or onboard. I know someone with a DV6-1131ea and they have no problems with it and have had it for nearly two years. I have a DM4 myself.

cool thanks, i will check it out, i dont really want a red laptop:cool:

if it has nvidia run away

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Overheal wrote: »
    if it has nvidia run away

ha, the one im looking at has an Intel GMA HD

• Advertisement

underpowered imo, but it shouldnt cause errors either.

Some are Intel, some ATI, no Nvidia in sight, think a few manufacturers got their fingers burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Dont bother,

its a pile of shoite. The left click button doesnt last at all before it falls to pieces. Just put dv6 touchpad into ebay and see what i mean.

The air intakes are too small and the laptop regularly blocks up with a thick mat of dust in the cooling fins. Its a full strip job, motherboard out etc to clean the fan too. Sometimes you can see the backlit HP logo thats on the back of the screen right through the screen itself, particularly noticable when watching dark movies etc.

Its one of a long line of HP laptops ive owned and i must say, I wont be buying anymore after the issues with the last few.

wow i didnt even think of the dust, and I just did that a few months ago :|

I would want to see one of the newer model DV6's before I made any judgements on it. The Old line of DV6's would not be worth purchasing again. Better touchpad (never a problem with it tbh) and a common-sense access panel to air-blast the dust out of the fan assembly would be greatly appreciated.

The DV6-3000 range have a different touchpad to the DV6-1000 and DV6-2000 range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement