Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLYMPICS 2012

Options
  • 16-03-2011 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't think where else to put this, and it is an event

Anybody apply for tickets? I applied for 2 each for Opening and Closing Ceremonies (20stg each) and a pair for the final day of track & field (Couple of finals incl mens 100m) for 50stg.

Tickets are available here

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

Prices vary from 20sterling up to 1,500stg, ya put in your details and if succesful payment will be taken in May, only snag is they only take VISA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

scudzilla wrote: »
    only snag is they only take VISA

No snag. Use an 02 money card. Its a physical prepaid visa card. 3V is another option.

Buying gig tickets online for anywhere in the world is no longer the preserve of the obedient credit card holder.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

We only have mastercard or laser. No visa! Frustrating after picking out all the tickets! Anyway around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

unichick wrote: »
    We only have mastercard or laser. No visa! Frustrating after picking out all the tickets! Anyway around this?

Just go to an O2 store and buy a prepaid O2 Visa card, stick 20euro on it.

On May 1st just load up the card with the amount your tickets will cost, if you get them then fine, if not just withdraw the funds.

20quid for a ticket to the opening ceremony to the Olympics can't be beat, i know the seats will be in the gods but it'll be an experience just to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Completely ridiculous system.

You select the tickets, not knowing whether you'll actually get one or not, then enter your card number.

Several weeks later, if you get one, the money is taken off your card. As it's the luck of the draw, you may get all the ones you apply for or none.

I was afraid of spending too much, so I only applied for 4 events.

Why don't they do it like everything else? Release the tickets, you either do or don't get them, and you know right then and there. If not, you can apply for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You have entered details of a Visa card with an expiry date prior to the end of August 2011. Please use an alternative Visa card with a later expiry date.Please seeTicket application rulesfor further details.

I would like to say that this is an awful booking system.

How many people will have multiple visa cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's a terrible booking system, I live in the UK at the moment, and booked with my Visa Electron so that wasn't too bad - but not knowing when your country is going to be performing (or for that matter how many athletes Ireland are entering into the Olympics) means I take blind luck in trying to see something. As well as that the events are massively overpriced, I went for cheap seats, and pre booked (don't even know if I'll get them) three random events over the one weekend - coming to a total for £140.00 just for two people

So now I've got travel, transport, accommodation, food and other costs...I know it's the Olympics, but I don't even know if I've gotten a ticket yet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Blisterman wrote: »
    Completely ridiculous system.

You select the tickets, not knowing whether you'll actually get one or not, then enter your card number.

Several weeks later, if you get one, the money is taken off your card. As it's the luck of the draw, you may get all the ones you apply for or none.

I was afraid of spending too much, so I only applied for 4 events.

Why don't they do it like everything else? Release the tickets, you either do or don't get them, and you know right then and there. If not, you can apply for something else.
    This is the way big sports events are done these days and as frustrating as it is it's tough to think of any better way of doing it.

Going to apply for 4/5 events myself plus the opening and closing ceremonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why not release the tickets one event at a time, first people to book them gets them. If you're unsuccessful, you can try again for a different event.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

whatever the hell way they distribute the tickets i think its absolutely stupid that you cant buy them without visa. I dont have one and have no intention of either getting one or going to an o2 shop to get one so cant be bothered applying for tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sure close this one while you're at it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement