Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football 365's Top 10 Prem Midfielders -this season

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

1. Charlie Adam - Has single handedly kept Blackpool up and 100% record on Penos. With him they have beaten the best. Without Wolves hopped them 4-0
    2. Nani- United are top. Huge assists and important goals. Enough said. Yes he's a twat and a little girl but he's a talented footballer.
    3. Van De Vaart. Converted striker maybe, but still a midfielder
    4. Nasri. - Has been immense when Fabregas is out.
    5. Kevin Nolan. - Assists, Goals and has three times Bartons temperment
    6. Scott Parker. Anyone who has watched him this season knows. West Ham are still relegation victims so he's no Charlie Adam
    7. Clint Dempsey. Totally overlooked so far. Set pieces and a wonderful hat-trick over chrimbo.
    8. Ya Ya Toure. Keeps popping up with important goals. For a defensive midfielder.
    9. Malouda- Has been quiet of late but was devasting up until Christmas.
    10. Tim Cahill- Yes he is only good in the air, Yes he was out for Christmas on international duty. He's still good enough to make the ten spot over his performance this season.

Gerrard, Lampard and Fabregas are just big names who have come no where near to these players this season. Bale hasn't played enough. Modric was nowhere near as good without the foil of VDV before he came. Wiltshire and Walcott have not played enough games or as consistently as the list. Young has come good of late but Villa have been awful and he only fires in patches. Liverpool have been a disgrace this season and none of their players deserve to be on the list on any sort of objective merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Clint Dempsey. Totally overlooked so far. Set pieces and a wonderful hat-trick over chrimbo.

Good call, great player and tends to get overlooked a lot....(awaits Chelsea fans and elbow claims)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

1. Charlie Adam - Has single handedly kept Blackpool up and 100% record on Penos. With him they have beaten the best. Without Wolves hopped them 4-0
    2. Nani- United are top. Huge assists and important goals. Enough said. Yes he's a twat and a little girl but he's a talented footballer.
    6. Scott Parker. Anyone who has watched him this season knows. West Ham are still relegation victims so he's no Charlie Adam
    7. Clint Dempsey. Totally overlooked so far. Set pieces and a wonderful hat-trick over chrimbo.
    8. Ya Ya Toure. Keeps popping up with important goals. For a defensive midfielder.
    10. Tim Cahill- Yes he is only good in the air, Yes he was out for Christmas on international duty. He's still good enough to make the ten spot over his performance this season.

Gerrard, Lampard and Fabregas are just big names who have come no where near to these players this season. Bale hasn't played enough. Modric was nowhere near as good without the foil of VDV before he came. Wiltshire and Walcott have not played enough games or as consistently as the list. Young has come good of late but Villa have been awful and he only fires in patches. Liverpool have been a disgrace this season and none of their players deserve to be on the list on any sort of objective merit.

????
    So you would prefer any of the above in your team than Gerrard, Cesc, Lamps, Modric etc?

The players you seemed to have picked may fit into the "most important midfielders for their team" type list, but half of them would struggle to get into a top team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

MaceFace wrote: »
    ????
    So you would prefer any of the above in your team than Gerrard, Cesc, Lamps, Modric etc?

The players you seemed to have picked may fit into the "most important midfielders for their team" type list, but half of them would struggle to get into a top team.

You may want to assess the thread title. It is not the best midfielders in the Prem, merlely the best this season.

If I was drawing up a dream team I'm sure that Gerrard, Lamps and Cesc would be in it with Nani but the point that you made that they are the best in their team hits the nail on the head. They are the best players this year in the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

VDV has played up front this season so his omission his understandable.

Otherwise, F365 is a bit of a troll site (though a pretty entertaining one), so not to be taken over seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1. Ya Ya Toure. Keeps popping up with important goals. For a defensive midfielder.

:confused:

He hasn't played as a defensive midfielder once this season. He's also only scored four league goals, none of which were particularly important.

Seriously, I'm wondering how much people who have him on their list have actually seen him play for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

For fúck sake, what does Nani have to do to get some credit on here?
    He has been United's best player this season, imo. But some people are saying he doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 midfielders this season? Have a bit of cop on, tbh.

Shít list anyway.
    Nasri and Silva should be higher than De Jong, Modric and Bale. Cesc top is lol-tastic. VDV not in there is a disgrace. Parker and Nolan should also be in there. Gerrard should be no where near it, Meireles and Lucas deserve it more than he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

baz2009 wrote: »
    For fúck sake, what does Nani have to do to get some credit on here?
    He has been United's best player this season, imo. But some people are saying he doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 midfielders this season? Have a bit of cop on, tbh.

I think he's a great player, though for me personally he is just too inconsistent. He drives me mental, and I know its the same for my brother and best mate who are huge Utd fans (i'm not btw) He has the talent and capability to be a true great, but (prepares to be slated) I think he is still trying to live up to the "new ronaldo" tag, isntead of being his own player. He has however provided many goals and assists to contribute to Utd's position in the leauge.
    For me personally though I think consistency and workrate is a huge factor

He is consistant with goals and very consistant with assists. It's rare that he wouldn't have one or the other in a game this season.

I've seen him trackback a good bit this season tbh. Quite a few times when Rafael is playing RB Nani will be back helping him or offering a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

You may want to assess the thread title. It is not the best midfielders in the Prem, merlely the best this season.

If I was drawing up a dream team I'm sure that Gerrard, Lamps and Cesc would be in it with Nani but the point that you made that they are the best in their team hits the nail on the head. They are the best players this year in the Premiership.

it is based on the form this year, and throughout their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gerrard, Lampard and Fabregas are just big names who have come no where near to these players this season. Bale hasn't played enough. Modric was nowhere near as good without the foil of VDV before he came. Wiltshire and Walcott have not played enough games or as consistently as the list. Young has come good of late but Villa have been awful and he only fires in patches. roy hodgsons Liverpool have been a disgrace this season and none of their players deserve to be on the list on any sort of objective merit.

sorry just had to fix your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In no particular order:

Nasri
    Nani
    Adam
    Barton
    Nolan
    Van Der Vaart
    Parker
    Dempsey
    Downing
    Modric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

only bale and modric there

what about vdv lennon and hudd?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

BERBA wrote: »
    only bale and modric there

what about vdv lennon and hudd?:D

Its the 10 best midfielders, not the 10 thing Berba fantasises to while hes having a private moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Its the 10 best midfielders, not the 10 thing Berba fantasises to while hes having a private moment.

that a new word ..eh?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

BERBA wrote:
    about time oul fergie had the book thrown at him;)

:rolleyes:

Fantasises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Modric has been our best midfielder this season.

Bit harsh on Jenas and Palacios.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

MaceFace wrote: »
    it is based on the form this year, and throughout their career.

Do you not see how that is contradictory? Their criteria is flawed and nonsensical. They basically mean "we are rating some players on this year and others on their career". If you have a list called " Football 365's Top 10 Prem Midfielders -this season" it should surely be based on who has been the top 10 midfielders...THIS season, not in past seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Meireles for me is up there in contention as the best Premier League midfielder this season and its not just since Dalglish took over either. He was excellent in plenty of games before then.

I really like Nani too, he has been excellent and he tracks back and works very hard for his team when they don't have possession.

De Jong has been brilliant for City this season and I'd have him up there.

Van der Vaart too and another hard worker when his team don't have possession.

And a player who gets no credit it seems is Alex Song who has been brilliant for Arsenal this season. Imo their best player.

After that there is Bale, Silva, Nasri, Adam and Parker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Honourable mention to our own Seamus Coleman. Hes been fantastic in a poor team for much of the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is it just me that remembers Paul Scholes being absolutely nailed on to win Player of the Year back in August after 2 games? What happened that?

Advertisement