Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel arrangements for Premiership clubs and where does Harry Rednapp live

Options
  • 16-03-2011 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Two questions.

When a premiership team from the north of England plays a side from London at night or in the evening does the team stay in London overnight or return home immediately after the match? Do they travel by plane, train or coach?

Spurs manager, Harry Rednapp said he was looking forward to going home after their match with AC Milan having a bacon sandwich and walking the dogs. I thought he lived on the south coast of England near Portsmouth. He'd hardly be home before midnight considering the drive from London.
    Or does he have a place in London?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I always thought they went home after the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Not sure about league games, but a lot of teams stay at Oakley Court near Windsor before playing at Wembley.

Harry Redknapp lives in Sandbanks near Poole in Dorset. Not sure about a home in London (although I wouldn't be surprised) but he has had a somewhat sizeable home in Dorset since his Bournemouth days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

alot of teams travel night before and go straight back home alot of the northern teams or taking the train down now and getting there coach at the other end manchester united stay at the hotel just off regents park name escapes me liverpool stay in a hotel near watford

Not sure about league games, but a lot of teams stay at Oakley Court near Windsor before playing at Wembley.

Harry Redknapp lives in Sandbanks near Poole in Dorset. Not sure about a home in London (although I wouldn't be surprised) but he has had a somewhat sizeable home in Dorset since his Bournemouth days.

jamie and louise live next door btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yes, Redknapp lives in Sandbanks, supposed to be one of the most expensive places for house prices in England.
    If you fly from Dublin to Gatwick, it's possible you'll pass over it and it's easy to spot. At least Aer Lingus took that route last time I was with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

West Ham United flew back to London after the Wigan game a few weeks back (the players insisted that Avram Grant fly back with them as some type of mark of respect as he'd just got the boot !)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cbirt531

aye

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did Harry Redknapp really do a 120 mile drive to WHL every morning and then another 120mile home in the evening? Or is Google maps showing me a wrong Sandbanks?

yes harry dove to all training grounds from his home. Kevin Bond his assistant most of the time lives down there as well they took turns to drive as you would see if you saw sky sports when they interviewed him outside spurs lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

jjll wrote: »
    jamie and louise live next door btw

Jamie Redknapp lives in No. 1 Broad Walk in Enfield, North London, 4 houses down from Lionel Richie. Poshest road i've ever seen.

• Advertisement

Jamie Redknapp lives in No. 1 Broad Walk in Enfield, North London, 4 houses down from Lionel Richie. Poshest road i've ever seen.

must be a flat he got in london he does have house next door to harry

Advertisement