Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Lice.....Help!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sharrow wrote: »
    Yes, that way any that I may have missed got fried in between the cermaic plates.

I don't agree with this. Hair straightners should not be used on a child's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I don't agree with this. Hair straightners should not be used on a child's hair.

That's your opinion and it is your choice to raise your child in the manner you see fit.

I don't normally straighten my hair, I know the damage it does and I have only resorted to using them on my daughter about 8 times, no more then once a week until we were free from lice. I made sure her hair was well conditioned and that a protective serum was used. Her hair did not suffer any damage and we have not had a return of the head lice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My girls get them a good few times during the school year and they're a bloody pain in the arse!

I used to use the branded products, but even leaving the stuff on longer than advised, I was still combing out live ones, so it wasn't killing them all. A waste of money, if you ask me.

I just condition and comb now at every bathtime, although my daughters hair is quite thick, so it's impossible to get every single one every time. I also use Vosene 3-in-1 kids shampoo, which has head lice repellant in it.

Although, I have seen ads now for a new Hedrin gel that supposedly kills both the lice and the eggs in one treatment (no further treatment needed in 7 days, like the others), so I might give that a go the next time I spot the little blighters.

Advertisement