Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much protein??

Options
  • 16-03-2011 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

So, I've recently lost a lot of weight, and I now ant to focus an bulking up, because a fair bit of the weight i lost turned out to be lean tissue.

I know the general guideline is 1gram of protein per lb of bodyweight and I weigh about 200lb, so I need to eat about 200grams per day.

This is what I'm eating every day:

Breakfast:10oz (250g) fat free yoghurt with berries and 30g casein powder=40g
    Lunch: 2 tins of tuna in brine with 200g cottage cheese = 85g
    Dinner: 8-16 oz (250-500g) of lean meat with vegetables =62-125g
    Snacks: Depending on the day and when I train etc. I Have 2 or three more protein drinks consisting of 30g casein powder and 500ml skimmed milk= 80-120g

Overall that works out at between 267 and 370 grams of pure protein. Is this too much for my body to absorb? Or is there any way to help my body absorb that much?

Any and all help appreciated!!

Advertisement