Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yanks going to capture the Banshee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

There's certainly a touch of Darby O' Gill about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

isnt that destination truth in carlow tomorrow night? they rang us looking for a medium last year - one apparently that didnt mind bending the truth. I could have swore i saw adverts for this on syfy (theres an online link somewhere to watch american syfy live) with clips out of it so I dont know how they can say its going to be 'live'.

and banshees? ducketts grove has a traditional story about a ghostly fox hunt, but thats all. Load of balls if you ask me.

I actually enjoy this show , although i do have to suspend disbelief to watch it. But there are some funny moments with the host.

They did Leprechauns 2 years ago. It was a funny episode .

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Kris Williams is but an hour from me :eek:
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

leddpipe wrote: »
    Kris Williams is but an hour from me :eek:
    :cool:

You da man.

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    You da man.

hells yeh, the man in the bushes! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The fact that Alison Scagliotti is tagging along should show you how serious these guys are (nothing against Alison, but she's an great actress on a Sci-fi show, but in this case Sci-fi show is the operative phrase; there's a reason for it being as such).

theres a 'banshee button' to click if you see a banshee at http://www.syfy.com/destinationtruth .

haha - they've apparently found a leprechauns house in the one they done two years ago - http://www.phstream.com/2010/10/syfy.html (live stream of syfy in the us)

cheers mr strain!link is ****ing A!miss Scagliotti and De Pardo are meh in person (looking), but Kris is KAPOW!and sweet as sugar too!josh pretty cool 2!

it is genuinely cringeworthy

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    theres a 'banshee button' to click if you see a banshee

Haha love it,what a hilarious program. I wonder how many clicks they got. I wouldnt be surprised if its alot :rolleyes:

they made up a completely new history for the place anyway - complete with banshee stories. looks like they even drafted in 'locals' from dublin as well to recount banshee stories. what a load of cock, as captain slow might say.

ah its to be expected . Its all fun at the end of the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I missed it unfortunately. Anyone got a link?

it was four hours long - though Im sure it'll end up online somewhere. Frankly i thought it was 'have a laugh at the paddys' day.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

G don't waste your time... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

if you have lots of spare time , youtube destination truth banshee.. bit of fun at old ruins of ducketts grove house, more than likely taking the piss. i live quite near , heard all the usual ****e head less coach man phantom hounds .have fun, ps the old house is worth a visit it was burned 1916.. 1922 or so council have made a park and play area .bring your camera have fun

burned down in 1933

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

sorry must brush up my history have you any thing else to add

no - besides theres never been reports of banshees around ducketts grove.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You can laugh all you want now but when those Americans find that Banshee the egg will be on our faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

SyFy . . . lol as the internets tubes say

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I don't think banshee would have got any sweet experience from the adventure they planned of.

Advertisement