Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy i9000 or Google Nexus?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering what people's opinions are on both phones. I'm gonna get 1 or the other but was looking for advice.

What do you think which one is a better buy?

Thanks

Pain in my ass with the iphone and the high price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

I would wait if you can.

Both are very good phones. However, there is a new Galaxy coming out soon and a new batch of Android handsets on the way from Htc etc as well.

Even if you dont want a newer handset, the price on the ones you are looking at now should come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beanok77

DRose1 wrote: »
    I would wait if you can.

Both are very good phones. However, there is a new Galaxy coming out soon and a new batch of Android handsets on the way from Htc etc as well.

Even if you dont want a newer handset, the price on the ones you are looking at now should come down.

Thanks for that.

I am getting either one for free. Just need to make a decision. I'm leaning towards the nexus as I've heard some good feedback on them. Do you know anything about the nexus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you really must choose one, go for the Nexus. It's almost the same phone with no Samsung software and a flash. Will also get updates direct from Google months before the Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

beanok77 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I am getting either one for free. Just need to make a decision. I'm leaning towards the nexus as I've heard some good feedback on them. Do you know anything about the nexus?

In that case, I would probably go with the Nexus. I personally dont like the software/OS iSamsung put on top of Android (much prefer Htcs sense).

Cant go too far wrong with either though.

Advertisement