Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any interest in Portrait Photography?

• 16-03-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I’m thinking of organising a one day portrait photography workshop to be taught by a leading professional Irish photographer and wanted to do some research to see if there was much interest.

The workshop would cover the following:

1) Using one studio light with various reflectors.
    2) Using cheap makeshift do-it-yourself lighting.
    3) Using available light.

So whether you have access to a well equipped studio or just want to photograph in your own home using available light, this workshop would be very beneficial.

This will be a hands-on practical workshop and is suitable to both film and digital users.

I can’t finalise the cost until I have a good idea how many might attend but I’d estimate around €85 per person with a maximum of ten people. The workshop would be run at a Dublin location in May or June.

I do not wish to take any bookings on this thread, I simply want to find out if there is much interest. If it goes ahead I will only be taking bookings through my web site.

Please post if this is of any interest to you.

Thanks to CabanSail for allowing me start this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would think it would depend a lot on who the photographer is that is giving the course

Sounds good though

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Depending on day and time, i'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I might be interested. But, as mentioned, depends on who's giving the class, and for €85 I'd want to be sure I'll get more from it than I'd get simply watching tutorials online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'd be interested depending on dates, I'm sure it will be up to the standard of your past darkroom workshops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

There's absolutely no substitute for doing it - no matter how many online tutorials you watch.

I can only highly highly recommend Peter's workshops. I've been to 2 so far and have learned well more than I thought I would. Worth every penny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think I would be interested in that. The price quoted is pretty reasonable if the lecturer is good.

sineadw wrote: »
    There's absolutely no substitute for doing it - no matter how many online tutorials you watch.

I can only highly highly recommend Peter's workshops. I've been to 2 so far and have learned well more than I thought I would. Worth every penny :)

This may be true, but I'm skint, so every penny counts ;)

Sounds like he's good at what he does, so I'll definitely consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Again dependent on date, I'd be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Would be interested (if at weekend).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

id be interested, but i can only do stuff in the mornings while my little boy is in playschool.so that counts me out of alot of things!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'd be interested as would MissusP&B (she's not on here....yet).
    Totally dependent on dates though - midweek or weekend doesn't really bother us - though would rather do it in Trim.....just saying like.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

It would depend greatly on who the person is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Provisional interest contingent on who the photog is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Mel fan

I would love to do this, but would depend on dates and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 imboredstupid

yes i'd be interested if the date worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Fizz, any updateon who the photographer might be?

sineadw wrote: »

Guessing it's Peter ... somebody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Id be up for it if it was a weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

There has been good interest in this so I'm finalising the date etc and will advertise it on my web site in the coming days where I will take bookings. In line with the rules on boards.ie, I won't be taking bookings on this thread. Any further questions should also be emailed to me from now on rather than posting here.

Thanks again to CabanSail for allowing me post this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

I am looking for something just like this, sounds good! Hopefully the pro will be up to scratch!

Brian

• Advertisement
Advertisement