Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil company did not use meter to track amount of oil received

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It is great that you got your refund but I would also get onto the guards and revenue commissioners and report this guy as he is probably selling stolen oil or selling oil without receipt to somehow avoid paying taxes.
    Well I'm not so sure if that's the right road at this stage.

Either the op can follw the letter of the law form day one (and most certainly would not have received any compensation by now) and follow it through...

Or else go his own way, which he has, and extract his money through threat of our hap-hazard legal system.

You can't have your cake and eat it. The op wasn't so greedy and has landed his reward (relatively) easily. I would say leave it at that and be glad to have gotten his refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

cast_iron wrote: »

Either the op can follw the letter of the law form day one (and most certainly would not have received any compensation by now) and follow it through...

Or else go his own way, which he has, and extract his money through threat of our hap-hazard legal system.

You can't have your cake and eat it. The op wasn't so greedy and has landed his reward (relatively) easily. I would say leave it at that and be glad to have gotten his refund.
    I think the company/employee should be investigated by the authorities for fraud. the fact that the op has recieved a refund/compensation for the whole incident cant prevent them from passing on details to the Guards later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I would say leave it at that and be glad to have gotten his refund.
    The OP fought for it, but the next person the oilman scams may not know about it, or be able to fight it. The next person may also be living week to week on a small pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭raymark

hi cast_iron.thanks for your reply and everyone following this thread.i know for a fact i would not have got my money back for a long long time.....if ever.i would have a fight on my hands.because there is no way this oil company would have admitted to what that guy did to me.they would not have got any business here if word had got out.ok i had a few things on my side.i have a good name,have lived in the same house for nearly thirty years.have never questioned a delivery before.paid up fully and on time.the oil man thought i was an idiot because im a good person.this could have happened to me before,the difference is I KNEW that day.without a shadow of a doubt i knew he had ripped me off.and i know he knew i that i knew that day....but he could not back down....how was he going to admit he ripped me off.getting my money back was not easy.the whole episode was distressing and stressful.but with support i received from all the guys on boards i decided i was not going to let him get away with it.it was a different man who delivered my oil than the man who gave me back my 400 euro.he is lucky i am a fair person because i could have screwed him the way he tried to screw me.as for taking the matter further...well guys thats easy to say BUT i live out in the middle of now where on my own,i am an older person and i would have always been a very private independant person.its sad to say that i am scared to take this further as he knows my circumstances,where i live etc.i know nothing about him.i need more stress in my life like i need a hole in the head.me knowing he ripped me off is one thing....me proving he ripped me off is a difference story.what i will say to you all is make sure you tell everyone you know to check everything they have delivered.dont think because someone has delivered something to you for years they are trust worthy and above board...i did that and look what happened.like i said in my first thread.knowing you have been ripped off is not a good feeling...trust me on that.i have a feeling that oil man will think very carefully before he does it again.at this point in time he does not know that i am not going to pursue this,so he must still be worried.again i thank you all for taking an interest and trying to help me.thanks for your support and i wish you all,all the very best.maybe there should be a warning notice put up on boards to help prevent something like this happening to anyone else.regards Raymark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭raymark

the_syco wrote: »
    The OP fought for it, but the next person the oilman scams may not know about it, or be able to fight it. The next person may also be living week to week on a small pension.
    ihi syco,thanks for your reply.i must honestly say i agree totally with you and that is one of the reasons why i decided to pursue this matter.i did not want this to happen to anyone else.im quite sure the oil man who ripped me off will seriously think about it now.i hope he counts himself lucky that he got away with it easily compared to what could have happened if i had gone the legal route,which i was prepared to do.now im just relieved its over.and as i said before this was not about money...it was about what is right and wrong.what he did to me is not ok.maybe he now realises the consequences of greed can cost dearly again im not talking about money.i know i could have got the whole 830 euro i paid for that oil back from him if i had wanted to.but i only wanted what was right.i reckon he charged me about double what the oil was worth.so i asked for half back and that is what i got.again i urge you all to tell everyone what can happen if you dont check receipts,deliveries etc.show them this thread.its certainly an eye opener for me.suggest boards put something up to high light this situation.best wishes .Raymark

• Advertisement
Advertisement