Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*warning images* Pokémon Everywhere

• 16-03-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Dunno if you have this at home, but over in the UK Nintendo are going Pokémon mad, just look at the free Metro from Monday:
    DSCN1888.jpg
    DSCN1889.jpg
    DSCN1890.jpg
    DSCN1891.jpg
    DSCN1893.jpg
    DSCN1894-1.jpg

I've also seen bus shelter posters of a Snivy hiding behind a tree with some flowers and a Tepig getting off a tube, but I didn't have a camera device with me at the time

Honestly I think it's great that Nintendo aren't using bright irritating advertisements for this series. The players aren't retarded 5 year old boys afterall...

There is a website available.

Has one seen anything like this in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unfortunately no :( All we got is a TV ad informing us of Victini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I thought I saw a bus shelter ad of a Trubbish drinking a beer but when I got closer it turned out to be Mickey Rourke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm kinda creeped out that it's showing nothing but horrific tsunami aftermath and Pokémon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

First thing I thought was, "Tsunami hits Japan... Pokémon everywhere."
    I was about to accuse the Metro of being HIGHLY insensitive but well, turns out I'm the ****. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Banjo wrote: »
    I thought I saw a bus shelter ad of a Trubbish drinking a beer but when I got closer it turned out to be Mickey Rourke.

The thing is I actually thought that the Mickey Rourke ad was serious for a sec, until I crossed the road to take a closer look at it one day on a bus stop :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

CianRyan wrote: »
    First thing I thought was, "Tsunami hits Japan... Pokémon everywhere."
    I was about to accuse the Metro of being HIGHLY insensitive but well, turns out I'm the ****. :/
    You're not the only one to take that view. Someone uploaded those photos onto Kotaku. I can't post a direct link as the iPod doesn't want to open that page. It's in a news story called something like "Tsunami Disaster promoted by Pokemon"

Advertisement