Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest iPad data plan - PAYG

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

europhile wrote: »
    Indeed. I put it into an old iPhone unlocked it with Pin Code 1. Why two pin codes, by the way. It's picking up my home wifi. Puzzled.

You don't "unlock" an iPhone with a PIN code -just gain access to the phone. Chances are that it is/was locked to O2 Ireland and therefore a Tesco SIM will work in it regardless.

PIN 2 is part of the GSM spec for other levels of security but is rarely used.

Your reference to wifi puzzles me; is it logging on to the Tesco network, more importantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

It asked for the PIN to unlock the card. I inputted it. I had been with Vodafone.

It's picking up my home wifi alright.

I don't think I'm on the Tesco/O2 network. I tried sending a text to the number to no avail.

It's says "No Service" on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

europhile wrote: »
    It asked for the PIN to unlock the card. I inputted it. I had been with Vodafone.

It's picking up my home wifi alright.

I don't think I'm on the Tesco/O2 network. I tried sending a text to the number to no avail.

It's says "No Service" on the phone.

I'm afraid it looks as though the phone is locked to Vodafone -you need to put the SIM in an unlocked handset. The PIN for the SIM is irrelevant as is your wifi.

No service means exactly that - you won't receive any registration SMS. However I would have expected an alert along the lines of "invalid SIM" etc. Have you done a manual search for the network?

The darned phone is indeed locked. Awaiting NAC from Vodafone. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

So, five pages later, which is the cheapest PAYG data package for an iPad?

• Advertisement

Tesco Mobile's website is worse than useless. It has taken me scores of attempts to register a card with the site.

Now it won't allow me to top up. Neither can I top up on the phone with customer service as the account as there's some problem with the account.

Don't touch it with a bargepole.

The latest error message: "The request could not be processed. The specified SolutionUnit instance is invalid."

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

RnR wrote: »
    So, five pages later, which is the cheapest PAYG data package for an iPad?

excluding Tesco Mobile!!
    Both people I know who switched to TM have subsequently dumped TM.

I am at the end of my tether with Tesco Mobile. I just want to go into a shop tomorrow and get something and be up and running tomorrow.

I'm haven't the will to plough through the thread again having spent half of today and yesterday on customer helplines for Tesco and two banks. I thought my debit and credit cards were causing the problem.

DON'T EVEN GO THERE.

Advertisement