Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballydehob 10k

Options
  • 16-03-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Anyone doing this tommorrow?

Comments

Anyone doing this on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Thinking about it - did it last year, good 10k, nice views, tough enough course too with all the hills.

And I like hills! Maybe like is strong, but I like that they kinda upset others!

Though Mealagh valley in wind and rain was tough going.

Did you go? It was colder than expected but that was fine once started - PB in the bag so happy days!

I did. Felt kinda flat and leggy so can't say I enjoyed it at the time, but just made it into the top 10 and 3rd in category so was happy enough with that. As a bonus, the route took me past the old family homesteads in Cappaghglass and Rossbrin so that was nice. A run in West Cork is always great, and so much cheaper than the half marathon in Tralee.

• Advertisement

I think I must have finished just ahead of you in 8th - think that is my first top 10 finish when there has been more than 10 runners :)

Ah! I was in the red shirt. Was it you who overtook me just after about 7km? Heard the cyclist saying we were in 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th and guessing it was you who went by shortly afterwards. Expected at least one from that group to overtake me alright, kinda figured I'd have enough to hang on against at least one anyway...the things that go through the mind when the legs are complaining. Yeah, top 10 is always nice, I don't get too many myself. Hoping to get a sub 40 at some stage but mostly focussed on mountain runs, just do the odd competitive road run every now and again to push things.

Aye I think that was me alright - had hoped to catch up to the guy in 7th but he was way too far ahead. Sub 40 is the ultimate aim too - bit of work to do on that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I was actually in Ballydehob for this, and did a long[ish] run over a large hill in Durras the day before, and went for lunch on the sunday and saw everyone coming from the race, ragin'

Anyone doing this on March 20th? I have an 18miler to do the day before but still going to enter and see where i go!

• Advertisement

You know what...yes. And thanks for the reminder.

Doing Tralee Marathon on 12th and had planned a couple of weeks break after that before heading back onto mountains and trails, but like the thought of a Sunday running in Ballydehob...

cool - i don't expect to be any where near you this year, you have 8 days rest you should be fresh enough for a podium spot! Good luck in Tralee!

cool - i don't expect to be any where near you this year, you have 8 days rest you should be fresh enough for a podium spot! Good luck in Tralee!

Thanks...but don't think I'll be challenging the podium spots! The aim this years, obviously, is to take advantage of your tiredness and stay ahead of you...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Didn't make it to Ballydehob this year, ye had a lovely day for running hope ye had a good race.

Advertisement