Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham

• 16-03-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

heading to Birmingham for the weekend, any suggestions on what to do, what to see etc (besides st patricks day parade!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I have spent quite a bit of time in Birmingham over the last year thanks to work. It is the most depressing place on earth. The rare times I found fun were during one off events. Have a look at what is going on around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Parade was last weekend.

Villa - Wolves match would be your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Brummytoms the man to ask

He's probably over at Cheltenahm popping his cherry ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

infacteh wrote: »
    Parade was last weekend.

Villa - Wolves match would be your best bet

watch out for the crowds after this match, they aren't the most well behaved fans especially in a derby game

• Registered Users Posts: 27 acarol

no interest in soccer i'm afraid.. oh i didn't know the parade was last weekend, thanks for that bit of info, the bull ring shopping centre seems to be the main attraction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

The Black Country Museum is a great day out.

I would also recommend a few hours to be spent at Cadbury World which is in Bournville - train station right beside it...

There are many interesting museums in the city too - Chinatown is interesting and great places to eat out at in the evening....

If you do go to Dudley to the Black Country museum then you are very near the Merryhill shopping centre which used to have 260 shops...not sure an the current number.

I lived there for 6 years and found the dynamic of the wonderful cultural diversity of the city to be fantastic:)

The markets are amazing to visit because we don't have anything like them! The rag market was my favourite!

Advertisement