Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking in a Mature Student

Options
  • 16-03-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I would go about this? I am in the Ongar area, have never had a student before but thinking about getting one in. I am looking to get a mature foreign student for short stays at any one time.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Comments

Why a mature student?
    You live in Ongar. A student wouldn't pay for rent somewhere where they also had to commute to their Uni/College. I know Ongar is on a good bus route but the trek into UCD/DCU/NUIM/DIT is a bit far.
    Best thing to do would be put the room up for let. You can interview the people who apply and choose the best candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Apologies, should have been more specific, I meant a mature foreign student who comes to Ireland for 12 weeks or whatever at a time to learn English.

I know my parents did this years ago and it was all arranged through the local school but not sure if this is the case now and also my parents live nowhere near Ongar so hard to gage if situation still the same.

I don't want to let the room out on a permanent full time basis so this way I get to pick when they come to stay and only have to feed them breakfast and dinner (AFAIK).

Advertisement