If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - New Philips TV Models ?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi John,

When do you think the 9706 series models will be available ?

Was reading lots of bad things on AV Forums (4 continuous threads now) about 9705 so hoping 9706 will solve some of these issues or do you know if the reported issues with this tv are sorted ?

<URL Removed by CP>

I need to replace my 9803 which has been used as a blackboard by my 2 year old with a metal hair clip as chalk - arrrggggghhh :(

CP

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@Couch Potato,

I've given your query a thread of its own, best to leave the other thread to its own topic.

Please bear in mind that John is away on business at the moment and that response time might not be as prompt as usual.

@All,

Although the Charter discourages links to third party sites, I'm leaving this intact for the moment but would ask posters to bear in mind that this is not a discussion forum and that queries should be left to RS or The Philips Shop to answer.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Hi The Ritz,

Apologies about that .. I have removed url.

Google is your friend if people need to find it :

"Philips 2010 - 8605/9705 3D Ready LED TV Series *Part 4*"

CP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Couch Potato

The PFL9706 has no conformed release date as yet but going by the fact the the current 9 series was released early October 2010 i'd say it's a fair bet that it will be around the same time frame this year.

Once we have release dates we'll post up.

We have both the 40 and 46PFL9705H on display instore if you'd like to check 'em out

Just thought I'd mention that the 9705H has a table top stand that can double as a wall mount - keeping it out of harms way! Sorry to hear yours has been assulted and damaged:(

if there is any points you'd like to discuss re the 9705 range just pm me and I'll do my best to answer you.

atb
    Ash

PM Sent ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Couch

Hopefully you have my response to your pm by now.

You are more then welcome to call in and check the 9705H's out in the flesh, as I mentioned in the pm, we have the 46" version running 3D and the 40" version looking mighty fine with regular Blu-Ray:)

Hope to see you soon

atb and have a great weekend
    Ash

• Advertisement

Thanks For your pm :)

Leave it with me although I do think that the 46 incher is too big for my living room.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

When do you think the 9706 series models will be available ?

Was reading lots of bad things on AV Forums (4 continuous threads now) about 9705 so hoping 9706 will solve some of these issues or do you know if the reported issues with this tv are sorted ?

<URL Removed by CP>

I need to replace my 9803 which has been used as a blackboard by my 2 year old with a metal hair clip as chalk - arrrggggghhh :(

CP

CP,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have seen the new 9706 in pre-production guise and it does look really well - it is due for release in August/September and as far as I can see at this stage will only be released in 46" screen size - the 31/37/40/52" size slots will be a 9606.

The feature count on the 9706 is as follows:

Ambilight Spectra XL
    3D Max
    Perfect pixel HD engine
    Moth eye filter
    LED Pro for extreme contrast
    Bright Pro for true life brightness
    400Hz Clear LCD
    0.5Ms Refresh rate for superb motion
    40W Soundstage
    Active stand including audio amplification
    NET TV
    Simply share to browse PC & home network
    Integrated wi-fi
    Less than 40mm deep
    2D to 3D Conversion
    Contrast ratio 100,000,000:1
    SMART USB Record
    SAORVIEW Certified (pending)

The 9706/9606 also look a little slicker than the 9705 models and the 9606 specification is pretty much the same as the 9706 (ie I cannot find the difference in the initial spec sheets!)

To be fair to the 9705 - whilst I acknowledge that there have been issues with it - EVERY model of top end tv always attracts Criticism and the 9705 is no exception - however it has been constantly upgraded via firmware (the latest update is March 8th) and the performance of the TV has been transformed by the various firmware updates - However I would expect that the white coats have learnt a lot from the 9705 series and the 9706 is clearly superior in terms of performance - To be fair we have always historically sold more 9 series than 8 series in each screen size but the current range of 8605 have outsold the 9705 series in every screen size despite the 9000 series winning the EISA award.

As soon as we get a sniff of the 9706/9606 we will post and hopefully we will be able to do an A/B shootout (maybe even with some comptitor sets (which is how I saw it demo'd) )

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & the Philips Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for confusing the decision even more John :D:D:D:D

I will pop in to see Ash and the guys at some stage to discuss the options.

Regards,
    CP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.