Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging Irish License

Options
  • 16-03-2011 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I'm due to leave for oz in about a month and I'm looking to buy a motorbike when I'm over. I've got dual citizenship(irish/oz) so as far as I know I have to apply for a new license when im over there.
    What is the process involved in QLD in exchanging licenses?Do I just go into the license centre, give them my full license and thats it? do they do any checks before they issue the new QLD open license? I'm looking to get both car, motorbike and tractor swapped over.

Cheers in advance for the replies! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

What is the process involved in exchanging Driving licenses in Oz n Nz ?

Check each state below for their process

Vic Roads
    NSW Roads
    ACT Roads
    WA Roads
    QLD Roads
    SA Roads
    NZ Transport Agency | NZ Transport Agency

They have all the information there .

OzEire FAQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ham_boy

Do they do any checks tho is what I'm wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

What do you mean any checks?

All I know is that if you hand in your licence in Oz they will know in Ireland that you have and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Closing this thread .. there are clear guidelines on the RTA's website and it has been answered many times before

Op, I know you are new, a lot of these questions have been answered, there is a search functionaility on the RHS "search this forum", try that, as previously we've had detailed post

and Ozeire has posted some excellent links also.

They do not do any checks on your licence, you do indeed just hand in your old one (as stated on their website)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement