Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things To Do In Cahir

Options
  • 16-03-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    im heading to Cahir for a few days and am wondering if there is any recommendations on things i cna do. im going to visit the michelstown caves and go walking but does anyone have any other ideas on things i can get up to

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Cahir Castle, Swiss Cottage seem to be the main tourist spots in Cahir.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,690 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

^^
    Those are "must go to" things anyway.

If you play golf, the course here is good.

If you take a 15 minute drive away from Cahir you could go to the Vee..Beautiful views from up there, and if you enjoy hillwalking etc you will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

If you are into fishing, there are plenty of good spots for it around Cahir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

climb Galteemore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

went to the mitchelstown caves, the vee and drove into lismore today. brilliant day. the caves were great and the vee was breathtaking in the lovely weather. found and photographed the disused railway station in lismore
    tomorrow im starting off with the farmers market in cahir then maybe walking up to mountain lodge but will definitely be going to mitchelstown

thanks for the tips guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Get stabbed on paddys night...

went to the swiss cottage this morning but it was closed. ah well next time. home now after a lovely few days
    thanks for the suggestions guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I always love doing the Castle tour. I used to be in Cahir a lot when I was younger. I have many fond memories of there.....Dinners in the Galtee inn!! mmmmm!

I always love doing the Castle tour. I used to be in Cahir a lot when I was younger. I have many fond memories of there.....Dinners in the Galtee inn!! mmmmm!

we didnt go in there but the coffees in the lazy bean were amazing

Advertisement