Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartbreaking video of tsunami dog and his pal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Oh thats so heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I couldn't turn the sound on as I'm in work - did it say if they helped the poor dogs? That is so horrible.

I've been thinking a lot about all the pets and wildlife that have been affected there. Obviously the human impact is unimaginably tragic and should be the first priority, but I really hope someone is helping the animals too. They must be so confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

They were talking in Japanese, no English translation.

That was very upsetting to watch! Poor dogs are so bewildered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Both dogs were brought to a shelter after the injured dog was treated by a vet.
    Reporters came across the animal whilst filming the destruction wreaked by Friday's earthquake and tsunami in Ibaraki Prefecture, northeast Japan.

The pair were rescued by vets from Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support.

The tan and white spaniel was taken to a shelter in Mito while its injured mate is being treated by a vet in the same town.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8386123/Loyal-Japanese-dog-leads-rescuers-to-mate.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

iguana wrote: »
    Both dogs were brought to a shelter after the injured dog was treated by a vet.
    Ah thanks Iguana for the follow up ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement