Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontist?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone recommend an orthodontist for me.

Need to get my son seen.He is nearly 13.

Obviously would prefer someone who doesnt require me to re-mortgage the house.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

We used Aidan Murphy Patricks Quay.( across the river from egan opticans) We were pleased with him. Points to bear in mind are location and how busy the practice is. The location suited us for after school appointments. Generally he saw us on time. A friend went to Crotty in Douglas where it seemed usual to wait at least an hour after your allocated time to be seen. That would not impress me !

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mini1972

We used Aidan Murphy Patricks Quay.( across the river from egan opticans) We were pleased with him. Points to bear in mind are location and how busy the practice is. The location suited us for after school appointments. Generally he saw us on time. A friend went to Crotty in Douglas where it seemed usual to wait at least an hour after your allocated time to be seen. That would not impress me !

Thanks for that.Was actually going to ring Crotty because we are in Douglas!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bridget Dineen in Douglas. The woman's a genius, and really nice to deal with. She sorted out my enormous underbite when I was a teenager, and they're still perfect today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mini1972

Thanks PaintDoctor.Will ring her on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Crotty was my orthodontist 4 years ago - always found I was left waiting twenty minutes or more, quite frustrating. Nice guy and staff, but the fact that there are three separate chairs (or were in my time) in the actual room means its like a second waiting room! There is no such thing as cheap orthodontics, and you will pay as much as anyone else for Crotty - he is supposed to be one of the best though so go figure. My teeth are still straight since, though I wear a retainer fairly regularly anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

hope im not too late in replying , im bringing my girl to EAVAN GEANEY in midleton , excellent results already !!! shopped around and she was the
    best value 3600 or if you pay it all 3200 plus she came highlt recomended from a past patient , my daughtr actually doesnt even mind going to her so that says a lot ;);) !!!! nearly a 1000 cheaper than most city dentists and only 10 mins away from me !!

Advertisement