Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old lady hits dunnes stores ballina 15-03-2011

Options
  • 16-03-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

anyone see this yesterday.an old lady with here small car(yaris i think) went straight into the side of dunnes stores in ballina at the back enterence.i think what happened was she was coming out of the carpark and when she went either to clutch or brake she hit the juice pedal and went straight across the road,hit the black and yellow bollard(smashed it),hit a few ends of cars and straight on into the bicycle rack and glass poster board.such a weird thing to happen in all fairness

she certainly drew a crowd:D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yaris drive.... enough said! :)

Was it an RN reg by any chance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It knocked the bollard over - are you sure it was a yaris, or maybe you mean traffic cone?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

From the headline, I thought she robbed the place:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

The poor lady.....she must have got confused with the new traffic system brought in by the town council.....:D......:D.....lucky no one got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Yaris drive.... enough said!

Agree fully on the Yaris point (way more dodgy drivers in Yaris than any other car imo).
    Was it an RN reg by any chance!

I own an RN reg car, have i unknowingly committed a motoring faux pas by buying an RN reg car? If so, time to get rid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

yop wrote: »

This racist post should be edited in my opinion! So what if it is a Roscommon registration. The moderator of this forum should land an infraction on Yop for his continued trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We're proud of our RN car, I used tell the kids it means redneck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Ah dont worry...The diffference is we irish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

We're proud of our RN car, I used tell the kids it means redneck

Definitely gonna use that one. RN is grand, just as long as it isnt a "G" reg, eh ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sugarfree wrote: »
    This racist post should be edited in my opinion! So what if it is a Roscommon registration. The moderator of this forum should land an infraction on Yop for his continued trolling.

lol, legend post. :D

• Advertisement

Samhain wrote: »
    Agree fully on the Yaris point (way more dodgy drivers in Yaris than any other car imo).

I own an RN reg car, have i unknowingly committed a motoring faux pas by buying an RN reg car? If so, time to get rid!

Ah no, just everytime there is a hold up on the N5 its either a funeral or a Yaris or an RN reg ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

something is telling me its a LM reg

Probably a MO reg. Hope the poor woman is ok anyway regardless of the car or reg. Very lucky not to have been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

something is telling me its a LM reg

Where's mah duelling glove? Ah...
    *SMACK*

Poor woman. Yaris is a surprisingly sturdy little car. Ugly as hell, though.

Probably a MO reg. Hope the poor woman is ok anyway regardless of the car or reg. Very lucky not to have been killed.

Come on Yop apologise for your ill timed comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Who comes up with the design for these ugly cars? Its like they purposely make them as puke-ish as possible. The Ford Ka, the Yaris, the Fiat Multipla, all the Micra's? Why, just why? And as for the people who buy them:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

Whats ugly about them? Each to their own i say!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

kegg wrote: »
    Whats ugly about them? Each to their own i say!

Their ugliness, thats whats ugly about them. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss'''''''''''''ssssssssssssssssssssssss in particular. If machines could sh1te, a yaris looks like the poo from a beer slugging, manly, square shaped artic lorry

Come on Yop apologise for your ill timed comment.

Yip :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sugarfree, if you have an issue with a post then use the report function.
    Don't post on thread what you think should be done, it's called back-seat moderating and isn't allowed.

Back on topic everyone pls.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Sugarfree, if you have an issue with a post then use the report function.
    Don't post on thread what you think should be done, it's called back-seat moderating and isn't allowed.

Back on topic everyone pls.

Well are you going to issue an infraction for this blatant racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

So calling a yaris crap, and having a laugh about RN reg drivers is RACISM.

I'm screwed:eek:

No I am not as it's not racism. I will however infract or ban you if you don't stop arguing and derailing this thread.

No I am not as it's not racism. I will however infract or ban you if you don't stop arguing and derailing this thread.

But you let your colleague do it on another thread. Jobs for the lads as Fianna Fail used to say.

But you let your colleague do it on another thread. Jobs for the lads as Fianna Fail used to say.

For Gods sake, he is given you chance after chance, will you haul back your horns and take his offering.

I am not a colleague of Biko, we both moderate on separate forums and he is and will ban me if I step over the line, so don't worry yourself about that.

Have a cup of tea and discuss the thread if you have input, dragging into some personal vendetta isn't going to gain you any credit.

Have a good weekend.

theavenger wrote: »
    So calling a yaris crap, and having a laugh about RN reg drivers is RACISM.

I'm screwed:eek:

The Yaris is a good car in fairness, the Toyota cars is probably one of the most reliable and long lasting outside of the issues they had initially with the Avensis.

Anyway I think this thread has probably died on its legs and hopefully the woman makes a speedy recovery.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Although I'd like to think that us people from Roscommon are in fact a superior race (I know I am) to those yobos over the border of the county line, I will have to concede that we are in fact of the same race.

Perhaps the word you are looking for is xenophobic?

btw PogMoThoin, I have taken note of your redneck comment and you are now officially on The List.

Sugarfree infracted for arguing and derailing the thread.
    If you continue I will lock this thread and ban you.

Sugarfree infracted for arguing and derailing the thread.
    If you continue I will lock this thread and ban you.

Go ahead and lock this thread its what I have been arguing for all along. No infraction for your colleague I see.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Although I'd like to think that us people from Roscommon are in fact a superior race (I know I am) to those yobos over the border of the county line, I will have to concede that we are in fact of the same race.

Perhaps the word you are looking for is xenophobic?

btw PogMoThoin, I have taken note of your redneck comment and you are now officially on The List.

I know, them Galwegians over the border are a scurlous sort! Down with them, to hell or to Galway.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement