Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labourers

Options
  • 16-03-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is an equivalent to our safepass in Aus for working in construction and if so can you do it online or something before you go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Ya its called the white card. Each state used have their own g.g. red card for Victoria, but they combined them all and now the white card covers the whole country. I think you can do it online but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

you can do it online with bluedog training, takes a few hours, you will need a credit card and an australian postal address for them to send card to. They will also ring you to ask you some questions and confirm it was you who did the test. Not much advantage to doing it before you go to Oz seeing as it only takes a few hours but hey if you have time to kill...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

d.pop wrote: »
    you can do it online with bluedog training, takes a few hours, you will need a credit card and an australian postal address for them to send card to. They will also ring you to ask you some questions and confirm it was you who did the test. Not much advantage to doing it before you go to Oz seeing as it only takes a few hours but hey if you have time to kill...

Yeah fair enough, its just that I wanna be working ASAP and hopefully I can organise some work before I arrive and il be ready to go. Have a few connections in Sydney and around.

Can you work as soon as you have completed it online or do you need the actual card?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padrepio

nah you can work if you have completed it. I didnt do it online but Im sure there will be some confirmation thing you can print off once you have completed it. Just use a friends address as your address. They hardly track IP addresses.

Advertisement